cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain upgrades

JohnK3
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have 19 users with Zoom accounts and cannot seem to upgrade them.  Here are my issues:

1. Those with Version 5.15.##, or below, can no longer open their software.  Therefore, they cannot sign on and check for updates.

2.  When I go to the Zoom website, I only see "Zoom Workplace" (maybe version 6.1.6.43767?) as a download choice.  Is this the same as plain Zoom? (All current users are on Zoom 5.10.0 thru 5.17.10).

3.  If I download, and run the installer, Zoom Workplace will not open.  I still get messages that I need to be above version 5.16.6

4.  I cannot get any help from Chat, or phone calls, because I'm not "qualified" for live person support.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Humashankar
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @JohnK3 

First, download a Zoom client version between 5.15.5 and the latest available, as this range is compatible with your users' current versions (5.10.0 to 5.17.10).

Next, disable the auto-update feature after installation to prevent potential issues caused by automatic upgrades.

Finally, deploy the downloaded installer to your users and provide guidance on the installation process to ensure a smooth setup

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Huma

JohnK3
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello Humashankar,

Thanks for your reply, but I’m still unable to proceed.

I’ve been trying to download a Zoom client version, but the only thing I can find is Zoom Workplace (version 6.1.6 43767) 

How/where do I find the version 5.17.10?

Is the Zoom app (versions 5.#.##) the same as Zoom Workplace?

Thanks.

Humashankar

Hi @JohnK3 

Regrettably,

Zoom has discontinued direct downloads for outdated versions such as 5.17.10, primarily to ensure users benefit from enhanced security and features in newer releases.

The Zoom Workplace version (6.1.6 43767) you mentioned offers a more comprehensive and integrated solution, whereas the older Zoom client version 5.17.10 is likely designed for standalone use, focusing on meeting and webinar capabilities

For more help - you can also work with the team here:

Sending feedback to Zoom

Regards

Huma

Frank_TB

Hello,

Zoom “Workplace” is just Zoom adding some new branding. Zoom workplace is Zoom 6.0x.

Your previous Zoom installation is too old to upgrade directly. 
Unistall the older version of Zoom from the computers and then download a version that falls within the Zoom’s software quarterly lifecycle policy.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061130 

Zoom Download Centre

https://zoom.us/download?_ga=2.44187117.855110038.1722797056-889952073.1659099488 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!