Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Video for Attendees at join option for meeting manager, just like audio

GolanTrevize
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, I would like to make a feature request:

Could it be possible to set for a recurring meeting an option that automatically makes an attendee video off when joining, just like the audio? They could then open the video after, if needed, but it would be handy for some security and managing a webinar, especially with older people who often join ignoring the zoom client prompts as if they had a mirror and they are not realising they are broadcasting their image. On the other hand I still need attendees who are able to manage their video to be able to open it easily without managing them one by one. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @GolanTrevize

Thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

You can disable the video for the participants in the settings. If the participant video is disabled, the meeting will start with the video turned off. Participants can change this setting during the meeting. You can check out this article on enabling or disabling participants video.

If this solves your query, kindly mark it as a solution or let me know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MGSR

Hello @GolanTrevize

Thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

You can disable the video for the participants in the settings. If the participant video is disabled, the meeting will start with the video turned off. Participants can change this setting during the meeting. You can check out this article on enabling or disabling participants video.

If this solves your query, kindly mark it as a solution or let me know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

GolanTrevize
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. 

So, if I understand well the option “partecipants video disabled” just makes start the meeting for everybody with no video, but if they try to start it manually they’ll can with no problem, right? Without me approving each single one. 

Thank you for the tip/clarification, if it can be done without any interaction from me it would be perfect. 

Have a nice day!

MGSR

Yes, it will start the meeting with the participant's videos turned off, and they can turn it on manually during the meeting.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

MGSR

Hi @GolanTrevize!

Did you see the previous response?
If it has resolved your inquiry, please press Accept as Solution.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team