cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sign in unless I upgrade - can't upgrade without signing in.

DJMarvinArtist
Newcomer
Newcomer

Does anyone out on this discussion board know how to fix this issue? I don't really know which Discussion group I should be looking in.
I have had a standing Zoom meeting on Monday evenings at 7pm EST for at least two years. I have a paid account (Zoom One Pro). When I attempted to open my Zoom desktop app tonight, I was told I needed to upgrade to a higher version in order to sign on. I went to the Zoom website and downloaded the latest installation file. When I attempted to run the install I received a message to login to Zoom to do the upgrade. Of course when I tried to login I was back to the message about upgrading in order to sign in. I said some unrepeatable words and then logged into my Zoom account through my browser. I couldn't get anywhere with the help assistant which told me my account does not have access to chat support. What??? More unspeakable words were uttered. I am the account owner. I am the IT administrator. This is a PAID account not the freebie. In fact I even checked to make sure the account was paid up and active. It is and doesn't renew until May.
Aside from the fact I had to cancel the meeting because I can't get to it on my PC, I have to wonder why , as a paying customer, I don't have the ability to chat with a support representative. As a one-person company it doesn't make sense to upgrade to the next level. The Zoom One Pro has worked quite well up until tonight.

I did discover that I could start the meeting from my online account but by then all the participants had gone off to do other things.

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Community Moderator | Employee

Hey @DJMarvinArtist do you mind attaching a screenshot of the prompt about having to upgrade before signing on? This will help me further look into this prompt that you're experiencing.  

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

MarshaZ
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same problem. Very angry at Zoom right now. Have to teach a class in AM and cannot get in.. All of sudden no support.  Information Zoom  puts  out too confusing

RN

Hi @MarshaZ welcome to the community! Could you please elaborate on your issues? Do you have trouble signing into the Zoom desktop client? Or, are you having issues attending a meeting? Once I have a better understanding of your problem, I can work with you to troubleshoot it!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I want to login. Zoom won't allow a login until I upgrade. Upgrading requires I login. What is there to understand? I'm currently at 5.15.11 and it won't allow a login until I upgrade to 5.16.6. I download the starter program to install 5.15.6 and it asks me to login before proceeding. Are you still confused? Yeah, the rest of us are as well. You should need a screen dump. Again, I've used this for years. No messages about needing to upgrade or expect to be locked out. Meeting had to be cancelled. NG

*shouldn't

Garry26
Newcomer
Newcomer

I've just had this problem, which is a real pain. I just solved it by uninstalling Zoom desktop app and then downloading the latest version....try that.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom did it affect any recurring meetings you had set up?

MGSR

Hello @buddiegande,

Uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom should not have any effect on your set meetings.

You can check out this article on how to perform a fresh install.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?