cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't schedule a recurring meeting; I get error code : 4294967295. How to solve this?

Ed_VSharp
Newcomer
Newcomer

At some point I stopped being able to schedule recurring meetings. I just started receiving the mentioned code. I had subscribed into and integrated it with Calendly and then canceled the subscription. Not sure if this is causing it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @Ed_VSharp @penguins8 @CC8 @SaraBrown @AndreaGrace and everyone else on this thread, Zoom has came out with a update for the Zoom desktop client. 

Zoom version 5.15.5 resolved an issue regarding the 4294967295 error code encountered when scheduling meetings. 

Please attempt to update your Zoom client and let me know if this resolves your issue! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

southshoreeric
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is a serious problem for 2 reasons — 

1) It indicates there's a product bug (bad code)

2) Zoom does not provide tech support or live chat support for bad code.

The result is very unhappy customers.

WHEN YOU HAVE A PRODUCT ERROR/BAD CODE, YOU NEED TO OPEN UP CUSTOMER SUPPORT FOR ALL CUSTOMERS.

AndreaGrace
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same problem!

RN

Hi @AndreaGrace @Ed_VSharp @southshoreeric @LauraE @BWS-R and everyone else on this thread! I maybe able to give a bit more clarity on this error for Google Cal, still looking into the error occurred with other calendars. 

It looks like this issue related to Google Cal when using calendar and contacts integration not giving ' write ' permissions setting up calendar and contacts integration.

write-calendar-integration.png

As a Workaround, i've seen some users within this thread have success scheduling from the web portal at https://zoom.us/meeting/schedule with using calendar integration from there.

OR, if there is a reason not giving write permissions but only read permissions, to resolve this from the Zoom Client using Google Cal, you will need to go to https://zoom.us/profile and give both Read and Write permissions. 

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 9.28.26 AM.png

Let me know with editing permissions for Google Calendar, if this resolves the error 4294967295 from the Zoom Client. 

As to the error prompting for external Cals, still investigating and gaining more information on this issue. Thank you all and let me know if this helps!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Well, thanks for this but this is not the major issue. The real issue is not being able to schedule meetings AT ALL from the zoom app. Whereas I appreciate that there are workarounds, as others have already pointed out the workarounds are not as efficient. Also, it should not be a case of us having to follow workarounds when there are clearly a number of people experiencing this issue and it should be gettig fixed.

RN

Hi @SaraBrown thank you for your reply. This issue pertains to using Google Calendar and not giving specifically 'write' permissions when setting up calendar and contacts integration. With that being said, is there a reason as to why not giving 'write' permissions when setting up the calendar integration?

I am still gathering information on this issue, and our internal teams are aware of it, but in the meantime, it is suggested that when using Google Calendar, both read and write permissions be granted.

I will provide with updates on any potential fix for configuring write and read permissions within the Google calendar integration that prompts the error 4294967295. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

SaraBrown
Explorer
Explorer

Hi. I already have both read and write permissions enabled.

RN

Hey @SaraBrown no worries, can you please double-check to see if you have both read and write permission checked?

You can do this by going to the Zoom Web Portal at https://zoom.us/profile --> scroll down under 'other' for Calendar and Contacts Integration, and check if read and write is checked for Calendar.

RN_0-1689786965687.png

If its unchecked, please give the permissions by clicking 'edit' next to your email (also shown in the image above ⤴️)

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

This worked for me. Thank you. 

CC8
Newcomer
Newcomer

I had to "edit" my write policy by turning it off and then turning on again to get the system to work.

RN

Hi @Ed_VSharp @penguins8 @CC8 @SaraBrown @AndreaGrace and everyone else on this thread, Zoom has came out with a update for the Zoom desktop client. 

Zoom version 5.15.5 resolved an issue regarding the 4294967295 error code encountered when scheduling meetings. 

Please attempt to update your Zoom client and let me know if this resolves your issue! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Can't schedule the meeting Error code 4294967295.

This is still a problem. I have this and I have the latest (past 6) version of Zoom.

vijayaragav
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi - i tried recurring weekly (every 4 weeks) instead of monthly once and it worked. I also connected my Google calendar to zoom before i saw it worked. Don't know if there is a correlation.