cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen share and speaker view are separate

carmincaterina
Newcomer
Newcomer

I guess I made a mistake when sharing my screen and recording my Zoom meeting as some recordings show my speaker view within the slideshow (top right hand corner) but some show me outside of the screen entirely.  I can view it with both in Zoom only but how can I import that into a teaching platform to show both me speaking and the slideshow at the same time?  What did I do wrong in terms of the screen sharing.  I have recorded hours of content and feel so frustrated at the thought of having to re record all of it.

1 REPLY 1

colegs
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

@carmincaterina - I am not sure if you recorded locally, but that will record your Zoom screen exactly like you are seeing it.  So as you change the view, the view will change in the recording.

If you are recording to the cloud, you can end up with multiple recordings since it will record different options based on what you have selected in your Settings -> Recording -> Cloud Recording options.  If you selected the first box, 'Record Active Speaker with Shared Screen', you should have a recording in your list that has just the active speaker and shared screen recorded together.  If you did not have that selected, there is no way to go back and build it after the fact unfortunately.