cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore deleted Zoom recording that was saved locally

Ronja22
Newcomer
Newcomer

I accidentally deleted an important Zoom recording that was saved locally and that I now need again very quickly. Does anyone know how I can restore them? It didn't work with recovery software for my computer. So now I'm hoping that I can somehow restore it with Zoom. Is there a contact service that can restore something like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Unfortunately, if there was no backup of these recordings and they are not in the recycle bin either they are likely lost.

Zoom is not a file recovery application and Zoom support can’t assist you with this kind of an issue.

If the files are extremely important you might consider consulting a professional data recovery service, although this can be costly.

It's important to stop using the computer immediately to avoid overwriting the deleted files, which can make recovery more difficult or impossible.

Keep in mind that the success of recovery can vary depending on several factors like how much new data has been written to the disk after the files were deleted.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Frank_TB

Hello,

Unfortunately, if there was no backup of these recordings and they are not in the recycle bin either they are likely lost.

Zoom is not a file recovery application and Zoom support can’t assist you with this kind of an issue.

If the files are extremely important you might consider consulting a professional data recovery service, although this can be costly.

It's important to stop using the computer immediately to avoid overwriting the deleted files, which can make recovery more difficult or impossible.

Keep in mind that the success of recovery can vary depending on several factors like how much new data has been written to the disk after the files were deleted.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!