cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New registration process

jmancini
Newcomer
Newcomer

Has anyone else noticed that the change in the registration process from the old Zoom webinars to Zoom events has significantly reduced conversions and show-up rates?

• For example, on the old platform, we used to average 40% or so turn up rate for free webinars. Now it's down to 10%.
  • I also wonder about the extra step in the registration process for new registrations -- requiring that a link be sent to their email and THEN completion of the registration process. The old way was much better.

Anyone else?

jmancini

4 REPLIES 4

mgstark
Community Champion | Employee

@jmancini Hi there, just to confirm you mention "I also wonder about the extra step in the registration process for new registrations -- requiring that a link be sent to their email and THEN completion of the registration process."

Just confirming there's no additional step to "complete" the registration process, if they pre-register they can do that in a single step. An email is sent to the user directly with the join information and also confirmation page is immediately shown so they can directly add it to their Google/Outlook/Yahoo or other calendar.

Finally if the webinar is about to start by the time they register it has a "Join" option:Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 12.28.59 PM.png

jmancini77
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, thank you @mgstark - in this case, I was talking about the new reg people rather than the pre-reg imports. New ones now need to go to a link, then back from the link to their email to get a confirmation code, then back to complete their reg. It used to be a single step. A couple of people have mentioned they were confused by the two step process.

mgstark

Hi @jmancini77 thanks for the confirmation. I thought you meant Zoom Webinar. As you mentioned for Zoom Events/Sessions when a user registers with email address there is a confirmation code to validate them .etc

We are looking into this feedback.

judyandler
Newcomer
Newcomer

When I register for certain webinars...I get message saying 'registration successful, email with link sent'

I never get the link from zoom, no matter how many times I try. zi contacted organization doing the webinar and they tell me they have me as registered. That could be happening to people who you have as successfully registered. It is really frustrating.