cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping speakers on time

mart1n
Newcomer
Newcomer

How to best provide a webinar speaker with a timer to view during their presentation? Holding a timer up to the camera seems a bit basic...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@mart1n, if you’re on a tight budget, look at the Timer app in the Zoom Marketplace. It will overlay a timer on your camera image. Same effect as Stagetimer, but a little different. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Hello Ray. Many thanks. I haven't tried it in the field (so to speak) yet, but it looks like it will fit the bill!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @mart1n.

Using a utility like OBS, vMix (Windows only), or Ecamm (MacOS only), put the timer into your camera video feed, do not Spotlight it, and set Attendee View to Speaker (or Side By Side Speaker when screen sharing).  This way, Panelists can see the timer (provided there can view the gallery), but the audience won’t see it. I’d say this works great for 80% of my speakers.

I do use an online tool called StageTimer.io for setting up the timers. It’s relatively inexpensive (there is a free version), and can be set so that timers automatically start one after the other – they stay on time

mart1n
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello Ray, Thank you so much for the suggestion. I've had a look at Ecamm, which looks like it would do the job, but something like buying a Ferrari when I need a Mini! If that is really the only option, maybe I'll explore the trial version and see if I can get it to work, otherwise practice holding a timer up to the camera!

Mart1n

Many thanks, 
Mart1n

Ray_Harwood

@mart1n, if you’re on a tight budget, look at the Timer app in the Zoom Marketplace. It will overlay a timer on your camera image. Same effect as Stagetimer, but a little different. 

Hello Ray. Many thanks. I haven't tried it in the field (so to speak) yet, but it looks like it will fit the bill!

maverickwhites
Newcomer
Newcomer

Use a countdown timer app or software that can be shared on the screen alongside their presentation, or utilize a second monitor dedicated to displaying the timer.