cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Disable Co-Host's Ability to Turn on Camera or Unmute Themselves?

Heidi_Love
Contributor I
Contributor I

We use the Co-Host role strictly as a "chat box moderator" because Zoom Webinars doesn't have a Moderator role (which they really really should!).  Our chat box moderators should never be on camera or on mic. Their job is simply to monitor the chat box and Q&A box (ie: delete offensive comments from chat box, interact with attendees in chat box, help Host manage the questions in the Q&A box).

Because Zoom Webinars doesn't have a Moderator role, and because Zoom allows only the Host and Co-Hosts to delete comments from the chat box, we have no choice but to use the Co-Host role for our chat box moderators.

I'm worried that our chat box moderators (assigned to Co-Host role) will accidentally unmute themselves and/or accidentally turn on their cameras. This could be extremely embarrassing and unprofessional but I can't find a setting to remove the Co-Host's ability to turn on their camera or unmute themselves. I only see these setting for Panelists, but because Panelists don't have the ability to delete comments from the chat box, that role doesn't work for our chat box moderators.

So my questions are:

Where is the setting to disable Co-Host's ability to turn on camera and unmute?

If this setting doesn't exist: What can we do to make sure our chat box moderators (assigned to Co-Host role) don't accidentally turn on their cameras or unmute themselves during live webinars? I understand we can tell them not to do it, but accidents happen. I can see a person accidentally clicking their mic so they're unmuted and suddenly making weird sounds or talking to themselves during a live webinar. This would be terrible! haha!

Thanks for any advice.

0 REPLIES 0