cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a zoom doc for a recurrent session.

Bengonzalez
Newcomer
Newcomer

say, I have a recurrent meeting with some students. We created a zoom doc that is going to be our collaboration tool for ideas and tasks.

The main question is: How can I share that document for good? I mean, Do I need to share the link every time? Do I have to share the zoom doc manually using the user email? Can I add it somewhere in the recurrent session? 

Thanks a million,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @Bengonzalez

So, when you create a doc, whether in a meeting or outside of a Zoom meeting, it is a living and breathing document you can share with your students for as long as you would like. You can make them a viewer (read-only) or an editor (read-write access) on the document by clicking on the share button and changing the sharing options to what you would like. 

We have a great support article that should answer any other questions that you may have, or I am happy to answer questions that might be difficult to understand. I am happy to do that for you. 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0076447

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

sofix001
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

@Bengonzalez @YaBoiB this is a great question and a challenge we face - how can we let users know that Docs is 'living and breathing', that would be accessible after the meeting, and your team can continue to collaborate on it.

Do you have any suggestions?

Soph
Docs Product Team
Try out Zoom Docs, making your meetings and collaboration much easier!

YaBoiB

@sofix001 wrote:

@YaBoiB this is a great question and a challenge we face - how can we let users know that Docs is 'living and breathing', that would be accessible after the meeting, and your team can continue to collaborate on it.

Soph
Docs Product Team

@sofix001 wrote:

@YaBoiB this is a great question and a challenge we face - how can we let users know that Docs is 'living and breathing', that would be accessible after the meeting, and your team can continue to collaborate on it.

Soph
Docs Product Team

Here, let me show you using screenshots from my Zoom client. 

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 12.52.52 PM.png

 When you go into docs on your client, or on the web, there is a share button. 

When you click on that share button you will get a drop down on how you wish to share this document, or "who" you wish to share this document with. 

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 12.54.44 PM.png

You can search for contacts that you have added to your zoom account ( my suggestion) makes it easier than typing out everyones email address more than once.

You can make it to where everyone can view the link but cannot edit the doc (viewer)

or you can make it to where everyone that has the link can edit the doc. (editor)

Basically, we are asking you when you click the share button, how do "you" want this shared. When we say Anyone in your orginazation, we mean anyone associated with your Zoom account. That means if you are an admin or your own Zoom account, these are people that are in your User Management > users section of the account.

If you are not an Admin of the Zoom account then this "could" mean anyone with the same domain as you, meaning (***********) this type of email address.

Hope this is making sense. It is a bit hard to explain over text. I can meet with you if that would make it easier.  

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?