cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from "Docs"

froschling
Explorer
Explorer

The new "docs" feature looks very flexible but is it possible to print a PDF from it to allow me to circulate it to members of my group.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sofix001
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Dear @froschling Thank you for your inquiry. The 'Print' feature is currently in internal beta, and we plan to make it available to all users in September. Please stay tuned!

The 'Beta' label was unfortunately missing, which is why Bri was unaware of the distinction. We will add the label as soon as possible.

Soph
Zoom Docs Product Team

View solution in original post

I do not have this option

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Bri
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @froschling, and welcome to the community 👋 Yes, it is possible. 

Click the three dots in the top right corner of your Zoom Doc.

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.37.26 PM.png

Then, click Print and you will see an option to print PDF.

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.37.39 PM.png

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I do not have this option

This feature is scheduled to be active in September. See message form Sofix001 below.

John

froschling
Explorer
Explorer

Many thanks for your reply.

My menu doesn't offer the Print option nor does the More option offer it. Might I have to enable printing?

sofix001
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Dear @froschling Thank you for your inquiry. The 'Print' feature is currently in internal beta, and we plan to make it available to all users in September. Please stay tuned!

The 'Beta' label was unfortunately missing, which is why Bri was unaware of the distinction. We will add the label as soon as possible.

Soph
Zoom Docs Product Team

Many thanks.

I was beginning to think my machine configuration was the reason. I look forward to "Print" coming out of beta.

Meanwhile you have a great product!

Regards,

John

It's September ~:-)

sofix001
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

@froschling also, would you like to try to set the docs permission then circulate the docs link instead of a pdf/printed page? 

Helle again,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did consider this and will revisit it in the light of your comment, but some of my colleagues are not able to easily access online documents.

We are a charity, Bridgend u3a, that coordinates mutual leisure and leaning activities for people who are no longer in full time employment. Inevitably this means our membership profile tends towards older people. Many of our members find screen-based documents difficult to manage so the ability to circulate and possibly print a PDF is very useful.

Bridgend u3a: This is Bridgend u3a - Welcome! (u3asites.org.uk)

Thank you @froschling !

andrewparrish
Explorer
Explorer

I work for a non-profit where not everyone has access to Zoom. It would be great for there to be the ability for a small group to collaborate on a doc and then print/export it to a file share to which others have access. 

@andrewparrish Thank you for the feedback! This feature will come soon so please stay tuned!

Meanwhile, I just want to check if you are aware that Zoom Docs is free for everyone as long as they have a Zoom account?

Soph
Zoom Docs Prodcut team

I have become aware of this. I just started exploring it as a potential fix to a complication regarding AI Companion. A Zoom host needed to share AI Companion notes from a Zoom meeting for an assistant to edit. As it works now, they have to copy and paste the summary to a Word doc and edit it there to share with the rest of the department as a follow-up.

@andrewparrish Hi, yes Zoom Docs makes AI Companion notes editable, accessible, and easily sharable. You can go to Zoom Docs -> My meetings (on the left navigation bar) -> find the meetings you hosted -> pull the meeting notes in your preferred AI templates wich structure the notes in your preferred format. And share it with others!

froschling
Explorer
Explorer

I'm not sure if it's possible to share the Docs document to anyone for editing but it's more likely it'll work the way you say and anyone who is editing a DOCS file will need a Zoom account. 

I have members who have vision problems, and their support software will not read everything. Text or Word files are often the safest.