cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing attendees from using AI Companion

MLLeahy
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am the host of multiple zoom meetings for a group that does not want the AI companion feature available to attendees. I have disabled the AI companion in my settings but we have at least one attendee per call that is signed in as Firefly AI notetaker or similar. Sometimes but not always, I receive an alert and can disable the note taking. Today was an instance where I was not able to disable the note taking by the attendee. Is there a way to block or prevent attendees of the call from using AI Companion for note taking? This is a group that is sensitive to privacy and security so this feature is raising a lot of concern.

1 REPLY 1

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @MLLeahy , 

Firefly.ai and other .ai notetakers are not affiliated with Zoom AI Companion. AIC is Zoom's own AI functional meeting assistance. There are a couple of different ways that you can make sure that notetakers do not join your meetings.  I will share them with you and reference the support article related to that topic. 

1. Require authentication to join

As the name of the support article implies, participants will have to authenticate by having a Zoom account in order to join a certain meeting or webinar. AI bots will not be able to authenticate and will not be able to join. 

2. Require registration to join is another option where you can force participants to register for your meetings and you can approve who can join and who will not be allowed to join. 

Please let me know if this answers your query. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?