cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant Permission to have a meeting use AI Companion

rsandberg
Listener

If I am a participant in a meeting and I don't want my comments summarized how do I inform the host and/or is there a permission setting to allow people to opt in or out?

When meetings are recording you can see it's being recorded and ask it not be but I don't see a similar option for AI companion unless I am just missing it.

9 REPLIES 9

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @rsandberg 

Unfortunately, if you join someone's meeting and they want to use the Zoom AI Companion features, there is currently no way you can opt-out while remaining in the meeting.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

rsandberg
Listener

Thanks.  Is there a way to know that the host has turned on meeting summary or AI companion?

Bort

Yes, when AI Companion features are activated for a meeting, every participant should see a consent notification, similar to this screenshot below: 

Bort_0-1701293741757.png

consultantchris
Listener

If I'm using other AI features - but not the Meeting Summary, will participants still get a pop up?  I was in a meeting where I noticed AI was being used but I never received a pop up for AI Companion.  Is that because the host was using the AI highlights or Chapters? Thanks.

Bort

Yes, each participant will see a prompt for each AI Companion feature that is enabled during the meeting. If they are using the Smart Recording feature for the resulting cloud recording, the notification should look like this:

A3FE24B4-0B2C-4DAD-9DEB-A4531ADF4FB5.png

mandiASME
Listener

Is there a way a particpant can OPT-IN to a Zoom AI Summary meeting?

If they don't click OK and are still in the meeting, do their comments get captured?

Bort

Hi @mandiASME 

If they do not click OK and remain in the meeting, their portion of the discussion will still be captured. If the AI Companion feature was enabled before they joined the meeting, they will be blocked from unmuting and turning on their video until they click OK, similar to the logic for recording consents described here

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. 

mandiASME
Listener

Can i add a customized corporate policy to the OPT-IN for Zoom AI Meeting Summary?

Bort

Hi @mandiASME 

It's not currently possible to customize that consent prompt, but it is something we've heard from other customers and are looking into implementing something along these lines. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions.