cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting AI Summary Only Emailing the Host

SeanB
Listener

Prior to enabling Meeting Summary with AI Companion feature by default across the company, I enabled it on my account to test with.   I have hosted multiple meetings, I turn it on, it prompts all participates to let them know, and after the meeting I receive the e-mail summary....but no one else does. 

In my personal AI Companion settings, I have the share summary with 'Only myself and meeting invitees in our organization' checked, and have also used the 'All meeting invitiees' option as well just to be sure.  We use SSO integration and everyone has their sign-in e-mail defined accordingly. Can't seem to find a way to get it to e-mail the other people. 

It only appears to e-mail the summary to me (the host). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SeanB, thank you for your quick response. 

That is correct. They will need to be in the meeting invite. Participants joining the meeting ad hoc (through the in-meeting contact invitation or sharing the join link) will not receive the summary, as they were not on the original invitee list.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SeanB thank you for seeking support in the Zoom Community!

Can you please double-check that the participants are

1. Included in the meeting invitation

2. Authenticated/signed in to Zoom when joining the meeting

Keep me updated! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

1 - Do they need to be included in a meeting invitation? Can I start a meeting and then send them the link to it?  Typically I just open my personal meeting room and send the link (if they don't already have it).  

2 - Yes, have verified they were authenticated/logged into Zoom. In reviewing the past meetings in the Zoom admin dashboard, I went back and verified it recognized all the participates in the meeting. 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SeanB, thank you for your quick response. 

That is correct. They will need to be in the meeting invite. Participants joining the meeting ad hoc (through the in-meeting contact invitation or sharing the join link) will not receive the summary, as they were not on the original invitee list.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Appreciate the additional information and clarification on the feature. 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Anytime! Glad I was able to assist. Thank you for using Zoom 😎

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

LLH1
Listener

I am jealous. I have never found a summary, despite enabling it in several meetings. I've even run test meetings.  Does it come to your personal email or is it in the web portal?  Multiple articles from Zoom give contradictory information.