cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I inform AI of the correct gender to use when referring to me?

Mardig
Newcomer
Newcomer

I  have tried going through and correcting the gender from "her to him" etc - but that doesn't seem to make any difference.  I would think, especially for the primary user (me), there would be a way to indicate my gender, but I can't find it.  Can anyone help?  

3 REPLIES 3

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @Mardig 

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Kindly update your pronouns on your Zoom Profile. If you have set your pronouns in your Zoom profile, the AI Companion feature will use those pronouns when referring to you. If no pronouns are set, the pronouns chosen by the Large Language Model (LLM) will be used instead.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

HI Mark, and thank you.  I did enter my pronouns but I got a report today and it still refers to me as "she, her and not he, him.  What I did not do, and perhaps this matters, is elect to share my pronouns with the people on a zoom call.  Does that make a difference?  That would seem rather odd to me, to force me to share my pronouns?  If it makes a difference then it does, so that's part one.  If it doesn't make a difference to share my pronouns, then it's still not identifying me correctly.  Thanks for your help.

MGSR

Hi Mardig, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Once you have added your pronouns to your Zoom profile, they should be automatically recognized without needing to explicitly share them with the meeting.

I've gone ahead and submitted a ticket on your behalf for our technical team to investigate the issue. For your records, the ticket number is TS1344857.

Should you need further assistance, please let me know.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?