cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Meeting Host obtain AI Companion recording?

ToddAtWCS
Listener

As a meeting host, I observed the Zoom AI companion notification for first time today (19 Sept). I permitted the recording, with the expectation that I would receive recorded file data afterwards. That was a bad assumption!  No recording files appear in the usual account repository.  I would have manually chosen to record-to-cloud, but misunderstood the AI companion prompt to mean a recording would be made (and shared).

A lot of confusion was generated when  meeting followers observed the initial prompt.  No definitions. As the account owner, I never invoked Companion AI. I will follow steps to remove it from this account, but to my first point:

Is it possible for the meeting host to retrieve recording(s) initiated by Zoom AI companion??

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ToddAtWCS 

So, when the host enables AI Companion, Zoom is simply transcribing the audio conversations held in the meeting, which is in turn used to answer questions about the content of the meeting. There is no video or video recording, just the transcript, which is only stored temporarily. Once the meeting ends, that transcript is soon after deleted, as it is no longer needed. 

If you also enabled the Meeting Summary feature during the meeting, you would get a written summary of the meeting discussions, but still no recording of any sort. 

You can certainly use either of the AI Companion features in your meetings, in addition to recording locally or to the cloud, if you want to have a recording. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

dmeyer1
Listener

I have existed out of the zoom meeting now. Where do I find the meeting summary? I saw a message that flashed for a second and it said something about it being saved in the cloud but I don't know where to find it in the cloud