cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam e-mail?

BigMart
Listener

I received an e-mail this morning from 'ZoomInfo'    addressed to an unknown person on my domain.  (I receive 'catch all') .  I suspect it is fake/spam.  Can I forward it to somebody to verify?

5 REPLIES 5

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@BigMart , If you are suspecting the email as a spam, please avoid clicking any links/hyperlink from the email.  Since you mentioned that the sender/recipient is unknown to your domain, you can report the email as spam just to be safe.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Gloria_B
Listener

Just this morning I received an email from 'ZoomInfo', only it was addressed to me personally.  I did mark it as spam, but I wanted to report it to YOU because it appears to be a serious threat of phishing.  BigMart asked if the email could be forwarded to Zoom for verification.  I echo that request so that you could see the email's "official sounding" content.  Once verified as spam or phishing, perhaps a warning could be placed on the website for all users to be notified of this scam.  Thank you for your attention to this matter. 

AlexT1
Listener

I get emails from zoom.us for meetings I've never enrolled for.

put in there by SPAMMERS.

Why's there no easy way to report spam and stop the abuse?

PROFIT before people by this outfit!!!

put some safeguards in place for God's sake

AlexT1
Listener

If enough of us finally manage to get past all the obstructions and report the SPAM from their system, they might finally put things in place to prevent this abuse and nuisance

AlexT1
Listener

really make it difficult to get this far though, don't they?