cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after the last updating my camera is not working properly

glorinhamarina
Listener

Since last updating two days ago my camera has been freezing, sometimes blinking and the colour changes, I've tried everything, and all my drivers are updated, my computer is dell and is new and it's working on other platforms so the problem is the zoom for sure, I've paid for more than 2 years so I really need an answer with a solution of course. I hope the support helps me

37 REPLIES 37

katalintamas
Listener

HI,

I have the same problem since yesterday when I updated zoom. Since then, video picture crashes, it changes into green color, and freezing. The quick fix is just stop video and turn it on again (that takes like 5 seconds) but I need a real solution, too.

Thank you in advance!

glorinhamarina
Listener

Yes , it's the same problem, it changes into green as well. This quick fix is helping but I record my classes and send them to my students so it's impossible to continue like this, do you know what can we do about this? because I live in Brazil and here it's impossible to contact them by phone. I'm very worried. It's my job .....

adelgozar
Listener

It happened to us too... We have large meetings (around a 100 participant) and the speaker sometimes overlap with a participant.  Some of the participant reported the same error.    It is not a problem withs the devices.

I sent a ticket to zoom support but had no answer yet.

I'm having the same problem.  I bought a new camera because I believed there was a problem with my old camera which had been working properly with the previous version of Zoom but with the last updating the image blinks, turns to green or black and white, overlaps with the participant who is speaking. I don't know how to solve this.

Hi @Viviana_M, can you please try the following and let me know if it helps?

Disabling video de-noise in the advanced video settings can avoid the issue.

On your Zoom App, go to Settings, then select Video > Advanced > and Uncheck  ‘Optimize quality of the video | send with de-noise'

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Since the last update, my camera will sometimes work.. then the next time I log in the screen is black.  I can see the other participants but mine is blank.  All drivers on the camera are up to date, the camera is working on other apps.  I need this for business as I work remotely.

On the desktop version I don't see  "Settings, then select Video > Advanced > and Uncheck  ‘Optimize quality of the video | send with de-noise'"

m1kers
Listener

same issue here since latest update.  Have UNinstalled, reinstalled and still same issue.  Not a camera issue in any other application.   This is most embarrassing when leading Zoom meetings.

ANY ideas/solutions most appreciated!    Zoom help not addressing issue.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

This is a known issue that our engineers were able to reproduce. They have found a solution that will be implemented in the 5.13.5 version which will be released in the coming days.

While waiting for a fix, we have these work arounds that can resolve the issue for the time being:

Work Around 1 - Disabling video de-noise in the advanced video settings can avoid the issue.

On your Zoom App, Go to > Settings ( By clicking on the Upper right hand corner 'gear icon')

Select ‘Video’ > Advanced > Uncheck  ‘Optimize quality of the video | send with de-noise

Work Around 2 - Roll back to Previous Zoom Version 5.12.9 (Downgrading to 5.12.9 fixes the issue)

Roll back and re-install instructions for Windows

First uninstall the current Zoom version (Windows)

The following steps should help get the old installation cleared, and get Zoom reinstalled and working for you.

Could you please run the CleanZoom application, and then restart your computer when it's finished?

Once done restarting please visit this link  

EXE 64-bit:
https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.10650/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64 this will automatically download the previous version for you.

Roll back and re-install instructions for MAC

Click on the Zoom Icon at the dock while you have the Zoom Client running.

On the upper left you will see zoom.us, click on Uninstall

Once Zoom is completely uninstalled,  visit this link below to roll back to the previous version.

For Intel Processors
PKG: https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg
M1 Processor version:
https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg?archType=arm64

I hope this helps! Thank you for your patience. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I did the Work Around #2, reinstalling old version.

That did the trick!

I will refrain from installing future updates so quickly.

(letting others work out the bugs)

iszDB
Listener

Same here it's awful.  There is another post on this subject in this community  that offers a solution of deselecting a feature in the video settings.  Will be trying that out ASAP

mombefit
Listener

has anyone had success with the work around #1 yet? the work around @#2 seems complicated.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @iszDB @mombefit , updating your Zoom client to the latest version should fix this issue. 

Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Roshney
Listener

I have had the same problem, video freezes, face goes green and then it throws me out.  Not good because I have paid to enrol onto courses and have had to miss important information.

Hi @Roshney !  Have you tried workaround #1 as listed above?

You can find Settings in the Home page of your Zoom App

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 10.25.37 AM.png

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Do I need to have all of my clients do the workaround as well or just me as the host?

Hi @sonispeech , no need for the workaround anymore. The new client release is out and fixes this issue 🙂

Please have everyone upgrade their zoom client to the latest version. If you still experience this issue after updating, you will need to:

1. Completely uninstall Zoom

2. Reboot your device (very important)

3. Reinstall

That should do it!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

sonispeech
Listener

Ok - I did not have any issues until this afternoon and I had not done the work around - so I am not sure that it's not the new client release that is what caused the issues now!!!

Please let me know if uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling works. The new release is 5.13.5 which should fix the issue.  If it does not, please update me!

Thank you,

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

It sounds like my staff's problem started the same time as all the other users, and software updates.  The issue with us is that my staff doesn't use the app, most just sign in from the website, but still have the freezing, green screen camera problems.  We've tried turning off the camera and turning it back on, which helps for a few minutes, but always comes back.  Do we have to install the Zoom app to fix this problem?

Hi @AnnettUnitedway , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community!

We do always encourage our members to download the Zoom client for the best experience. However, in this case I would suggest signing out of Zoom, clearing cache and cookies, and then rebooting your device. Let me know if that helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

sonispeech
Listener

Hi Carla,

I used Zoom again tonight and it seemed to be ok - but it was a different Zoom account - so I will find out more tomorrow when I start my schedule again on my usual Zoom account.

sonispeech1
Listener

Carla - Success all day today - so it must have just been a glitch for my one session in between the update and the new client release!   Thanks so much for your assistance!!  sonispeech

Viviana_M
Listener

I have the same problem. I bought a new camera because I believed there was a problem with my old camera which had been working properly with the previous version of Zoom but with the last updating the image blinks, turns to green or black and white.

Hello,

I am still having the problem of Zoom only occasionally accessing my camera.  It works for all other apps but not Zoom.  I unistalled and reinstalled the latest version of Zoom, dumped my cookis and cleared my cache .. no luck.  I am really getting desperate as I us this platform for my remote work.  What do I do???

An Update - it appears to be something with Chrome Browser....  When I open Zoom in Bing the camera is working great.  Weird.

Kerry Wisner

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Kerry3

Thank you for updating us! Does updating your chrome browser make a difference?

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

No, it made no difference.

Kerry

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Kerry3,

Can you kindly let me know how you are trying to access the meeting? Have you downloaded Zoom to your desktop? I know you mentioned Chrome and your Zoom desktop client. 

In addition, I recommend going through our troubleshooting article for camera issues during a meeting. It may help you resolve the problem. Here's the link to the article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7246725403277-Troubleshooting-camera-issues-during-a-meeti.... Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hello Carla,

I downloaded zoom to my desktop, windows not a Mac. whether I try to join a meeting via link or set a meeting up, the camera shows as on but no imahe appears.. But this only happens in Chrome, and only since the update a month ago.  In MS Bing it works fine.  I did go through the steps in the article.. again no success when using Chrome.

I just paid a year subscription to zoom.  This is very frustrating.  Kerry

So I just tried again to go into zoom.  It still won't recognize my camera when I use Chrome.  This is a screen shot:  

Kerry3_0-1682552648213.png

What do I do?

Yet, I just did the same login and same meeting in "BING" MS ... everything was perfect.  Camera image came up fine... arrggghh

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi Kerry!

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues even after troubleshooting. I think i'm a little confused as to how you are accessing the meetings. If you download the Zoom app you shouldn't need to use an internet browser to access the meetings as it will be done through the app itself. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I didn't realize you have an ap.  I always go on a browser to access.  I am not at my computer at the moment.  When I get home I will try to find the ap and try that.  

Kerry

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thats great news! I think you will find the Zoom app simpler to use and much more intuitive.

Here is the link to download the Zoom desktop client: https://zoom.us/download

Once you have downloaded the Zoom app (desktop client) and signed in, let me know how it goes!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hello Carla,

I downloaded the AP and opened this.  In the AP it still does not see my image through the camera.  Not in Chrome of the App.  Only MS Bing.  I did check the settings and zoom is set to have permission to access the camera.

Now waht?

Kerry

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thank you for the update Kerry. 

When you select the ^ icon next to the video icon, can you please double check that the correct camera is selected? 

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 4.19.51 PM.png

Also, please reboot your computer and see if that changes anything. Thank you for going through these steps with me!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team