cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our Zoom Chat Community page!

DaraG
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

We are so excited that you’re here and collaborating with us on all things Zoom Chat! If you’re a Zoom admin that’s getting ready to implement Zoom Chat or an end user interested in learning Zoom Chat tips and tricks, you came to the right place to start exploring those conversations!

Here are our rules of engagement: 

1. Ask questions! Whether you’re getting started or looking for help on advanced Zoom Chat features, you can use our community to ask your questions and engage with product experts.  
  2. Become a community champion by collaborating with others who are asking questions that you might have the answer to.  
  3. We are all here to learn together, so please be respectful to one another.

About me:

My name is Dara and I’m a Customer Success Manager here at Zoom. I’m a West Coaster who has lived up and down the coast of California. I help customers everyday with Zoom best practices and Zoom optimization. I’m looking forward to helping more customers like you!

3 REPLIES 3

BillF
Listener

Hello Dara,

I sent a reply, but not sure you got it because I hadn't signed in yet.

Anyway, my question is:

when I am on a zoom meeting, does zoom mute my speakers when I talk?

I would think YES to prevent feedback. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @BillF! Zoom doesn't mute your output audio even though you're talking. However, to prevent echo in meetings you can go to your Zoom desktop client settings under 'Audio' and you have the option to configure 'Suppress background noise' and 'Echo Cancellation' settings.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

quyendinh2022
Listener

i have id me account i cant login because my old phone number is disabled I want to change my new phone number what should I do?