cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Zoom app and camera is glitching

LibraryTechGirl
Listener

Hi everyone;
Staff updated their Zoom app on Monday and ever since their webcams (not internal but externally connected via USB) work for about 20 minutes you can see the video of everyone in the meeting clearly  but after that the video image glitches.

Anyone else experience this and how did you fix it. We are using Windows 10 . The webcam drivers state we are up-to-date on the latest drivers.

Thanks,

LibraryTechGirl

6 REPLIES 6

palermoamanda
Listener

I'm having the same issue! Any ideas on how to fix it?

Amberguesa
Listener

Same. I removed the app from my MacBook - reinstalled and updated software, did a deep dive in the settings and it still glitches - only my video will glitch on a Zoom call - the others on the call do not glitch? I also have Otter.ai as an app integrated in Zoom - it doesn’t matter if I have it synced or not the glitches occur. 

iszDB
Listener

Yes!  Happens to me since Zoom pushed its last update.  Had that happen both this past Wednesday and this morning.  I tried bith my laptop camera and a usb camera with the same result.  It was very bad on Wednesday just after the update when I signed in to my class (I am the host).  This morning it happened once - but the glitchiness is significant

ClaireCooper500
Listener

I too, have been having glitches and bought a new laptop as I thought it was the camera on my old laptop. It is still doing it on new laptop - the quality of me on my camera looks like I am a painting. This has been happening since last Tuesday - 10th January 2023.

StrongMumsNI
Listener

Exactly the same thing happening here with webcam that has worked for over 2 years. bought a new webcam and problem has not been resolved.  Anyone know how to resolve?

Ginger_Anne
Listener