cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Chat previews?

sfrench55
Listener
  • I have some hearing loss and need to be able to watch the Live Transcript scroll by during meetings.
  • Opening the Live Transcript window closes the Chat window.
  • And that causes Chat previews to start popping up below my screen, which is distracting.

Is there a way to suppress Chat previews? (If I need to see the Chat, I can always take a peek.)

I've looked around and tinkered with my Chat preferences. And to my eye, it seems that the notifications should have disappeared. But they haven't.

Here are my settings … what should I change?

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 1.48.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-18 at 1.49.15 PM.png

Thank you for any insights!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @sfrench55 

Normally the way to keep in-meeting Chat out of the way is to pop it out into its own window, then drag it to one side. You then do not get the popups over your meeting.

If, for you, opening Transcription collapses the in-meeting Chat window back into the meeting, are you able to re-pop-out Chat again, without Transcription closing. Maybe its a two-stage process?

As a point of note - the Chat settings you have been looking at (that you posted above) all relate to the Chat features built-in to the Zoom app Home-Screen Chat (for in-organization) which is different to in-meeting Chat.

Rupert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert

Hi @sfrench55 

Normally the way to keep in-meeting Chat out of the way is to pop it out into its own window, then drag it to one side. You then do not get the popups over your meeting.

If, for you, opening Transcription collapses the in-meeting Chat window back into the meeting, are you able to re-pop-out Chat again, without Transcription closing. Maybe its a two-stage process?

As a point of note - the Chat settings you have been looking at (that you posted above) all relate to the Chat features built-in to the Zoom app Home-Screen Chat (for in-organization) which is different to in-meeting Chat.

Rupert

Thanks very much, Rupert. Works like a charm!