cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Proximity Sharing not working on Polycom devices (Poly X30, Poly X50, TC8, TC10)

coco_zoomer
Listener

Hey, 

I am having an issue where Proximity sharing prompts users for sharing codes rather then allowing them to direct share from the Zoom app like in the past. It has been very frustrating for our users. Did a Zoom app update break this feature?

I am seeing this behaviour with: Poly x30 , Poly X50 with TC8 and TC10 controllers. 

The devices are all on the same network as our users. Nothing has been changed in terms of configuration on our network.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

jking
Listener

I have the same issue but with Creston Mercury units the Crestron flex units work without issue. Zoom can you please advise.

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, Coco_zoomer.

There was an issue with older Zoom Room controller versions that sounds like with what you are describing, and it was fixed with version 5.17.1. I would recomend updating your ZR apps to 5.17.1 or higher version.

January 7, 2024 version 5.17.1 (2486)

Resolved issues

• Resolved an issue that caused problems with controller connectivity, direct sharing, incoming calls, scheduled events, etc.

Source: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0069362

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

Hey ZzZz,

Thanks and confirming that devices were on 5.17.1 and this issue was still occurring. 

Something that worked was downgrading the Poly firmware 2 versions back. I saw in another forum that Poly's new update (currently beta) is supposed to fix this issue. Hopefully they release this soon.

ZoomZoom

Hi, jking.

Which Mercury are you referring to? Please be aware that some old Mercury models will not have a ZR controller version newer than 5.14.5, as they are at end of support. You may want to check this article: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058181

If you need further assistance, I would recommend checking with Zoom Tech support.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz