cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tap IP Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms

acabgd
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have a small room solution with Rally Bar Huddle and Tap IP running on the same LAN (wired). Our Rally Bar Huddle is successfully connected to Zoom Rooms and can start a call. However, our Tap IP doesn't want to connect to Zoom Rooms - afaik in this case it should connect to the controller, meaning the Rally Bar Huddle. The local IP is correct, i.e. Rally Bar Huddle is at 192.168.8.35 and that's where the Tap IP is trying to connect, but the message we always get is "Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms".
We might be doing something wrong but I really cannot figure out what, so any help will be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

Firas_ghobber
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hello,

I understand you’re having trouble connecting your Tap IP to Zoom Rooms. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that might help:

• Check the Bluetooth Connection: Ensure the Bluetooth on your Rally Bar Huddle is turned on.
  • Factory Reset: You could try factory resetting both devices and follow the setup steps again.
  • Pairing: Enable device pairing on Tap IP. On the Settings screen on Tap IP, tap ‘System,’ then tap ‘Pair New Device’.
  • Power Cycling: If your devices appear as disconnected on the Sync portal, power cycling the Tap will restore its connection.

Logitech Sync Portal

Best regards,

Firas

acabgd
Newcomer
Newcomer

They are paired already via Bluetooth. My devices don't appear as disconnected on the Sync Portal, actually they're both green and connected. The issue is that Tap IP doesn't connect to Zoom Rooms/Huddle bar which is running as a host or whatever it's called.

Firas_ghobber

Hello ,

please check for the firewall restriction : Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms error

acabgd
Newcomer
Newcomer

There is no firewall restriction. Rally Bar Huddle is on the very same LAN as Tap IP. Rally Bar Huddle can connect to Zoom Rooms without any issues, however Tap IP cannot connect to Rally Bar Huddle.

Firas_ghobber

Hello, 

please if you can  share with me all  steps how you pair rally bar huddle and tap ip with zoom room.

Best regards, 

Firas

acabgd
Newcomer
Newcomer

Well you select the"Provider", then get to the login tab, you can login with e-mail or activation code, I use activation code which I got in e-mail and which is also in Zoom Device Management webpage. They're both assigned to the same Room (we have several rooms).
Now, the Rally Bar Huddle is already connected. When I try to pair Tap IP it asks me for a Pairing Code which I don't know where to find. The screen connected to Rally Bar Huddle shows our Room name top left corner, current time, Sharing Key top right corner and says "Tap Controller to Start". There is no Pairing Key anywhere to be seen.
However, on Tap IP apart from the Enter Pairing Code prompt, there is also an option to Sign In (top right) which I use. I then have an option to sign in with a code at zoom.us/pair or sign in with an E-mail or with an Activation code. I have used all the options to sign in via zoom.us/pair, with e-mail and with an Activation code and all have produced same results - I log in, select the Room but Tap IP cannot connect to the Zoom Room and produces the "Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms" error.
Now again, maybe the error is I'm not using the step before (Enter Pairing Code), but I don't know where to find that and it should still work logging in via E-mail or Activation code.

Firas_ghobber

Hello,

Try with the  pairing code is found at the top right of the screen.

Best regards,

Firas

acabgd
Newcomer
Newcomer

It's not on the Rally Bar Huddle in Appliance mode, there is no pairing code at the top right of the screen. The code on the top right on the Rally Bar Huddle in Appliance mode is the Sharing Key which obviously doesn't work and is just used when you want to share your screen from the laptop to the call already in progress.

acabgd
Newcomer
Newcomer

Btw, the devices are already paired and running together. I can see them in the same Zoom Room in Zoom backend/setup. However, the Tap IP cannot connect to the Zoom Rooms interface running on Rally Bar Huddle - it detects the correct IP, but says it cannot connect.

Firas_ghobber

Also, you can pair your Zoom Room with the mobile app Zoom Room Controller using the pairing code.

acabgd
Newcomer
Newcomer

When you are not logged in anywhere you get the "Pair with the controller" code on Rally Bar Huddle, which you can then enter on Tap IP.

I do that and get the message "Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms".
I don't know how else to explain it - this should work but it doesn't.

Firas_ghobber

Also you can't controlle zoom room with your mobile app ? 

acabgd
Newcomer
Newcomer

Actually, I can. From my Android phone I can connect to the Rally Bar Huddle just fine and control the calls, even from a completely different network, from out of office.

Firas_ghobber

Because we can't identify the problem, please try updating the Tap IP and restarting it. If it still doesn't work, open a ticket with Logitech technical support via Envoyer une demande – Logitech B2B Support or with Zoom technical support via Getting Help from Zoom Support | Contact Us

Please click "Accept As Solution" if this helped you!

Best regards,

Firas