cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Controls JSON - multiple parameters?

htolino
Listener

I'd like to create a Room Controls JSON file that turns on and off a Samsung display.  The hex string requires both a Power data field (0 is off, 1 is on) and a checksum; the checksum will obviously depend on the value of the Power data field.

If I wanted to use parameters in my methods definitions, how do I specify both the data and the checksum?

===

From Samsung:

All communications take place in hexadecimals. The checksum is calculated by adding up
all values except the header. If a checksum adds up to be more than 2 digits as shown below
(11+FF+01+01=112), the first digit is removed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If you needed a different checksum at the tail of the command, you wouldn't be able to use the modulus sign, but you could just as easily build two separate full strings (one for each power state).  I think that's your question, but please feel free to clarify if not

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

htolino
Listener

Any thoughts at all?  Or isn't this possible?

shaneatzoom

If you needed a different checksum at the tail of the command, you wouldn't be able to use the modulus sign, but you could just as easily build two separate full strings (one for each power state).  I think that's your question, but please feel free to clarify if not

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

htolino
Listener

That's exactly what I meant.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Henry