Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout Rooms

lionspaw0621
Listener

Breakout Rooms are "Participant may choose"

Participants move to one of breakouts

Host moves back to main room or participant comes back to main room

The participants stays listed in the breakout room (not joined)  and greyed out.  They do not show back up in main room participants 

See the "small laptop" marked in red on attached picture

If the participant choses "leave meeting" they disappear, of course.  If all meetings are closed then they come back,  

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jdott16
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @lionspaw0621 

Normally issues with the breakout rooms are resolved by making sure that all users are on the most up to date version of Zoom. I remember this being an issue on older versions, and the users that were greyed out were on outdated versions of zoom. I would advise that not only yourself, but others on the meeting are on the most updated version of Zoom. If they are and the issues persists, I think that the next option would be to reach out to Zoom Support for further analysis and investigation. You can find out more on reaching support here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support.  I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jdott16

Hello @lionspaw0621 

Normally issues with the breakout rooms are resolved by making sure that all users are on the most up to date version of Zoom. I remember this being an issue on older versions, and the users that were greyed out were on outdated versions of zoom. I would advise that not only yourself, but others on the meeting are on the most updated version of Zoom. If they are and the issues persists, I think that the next option would be to reach out to Zoom Support for further analysis and investigation. You can find out more on reaching support here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support.  I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 

Thanks, I'll check that out

JudiR
Listener

I had an issue that I have not experienced before.  I was in the facilitator and I set up the breakout rooms.  I assigned attendees into each room for an allotted amount of time.  When the time ended, the 30 sec warning popped up and after the 30 sec I ended the session.  We all came back into the main room to have a discussion.  I then attempted to share screen using the portion of screen option as I always have done.  No one in the room could see my slide.  They all said the screen was black on their end.  What did I do and what should I do to avoid this in the future?  BTW, the screen that shows who was in each room showed, after the breakout ended, that they were still in the room.  That I had not seen before either.