cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who is paying for click to dial ?

bambinoleigh
Listener

I'm exploring the click to dial feature (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027633731). Wondering how the pricing works.

I want to embed the phone number link into my website, am I going to pay for every calls initiated from the website?    And does the account with the phone license also the account which owns the phone number? 

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @bambinoleigh 

The person placing the call (by clicking the number on a website, PDF, contacts app, etc.) uses their phone operator to place the call, and would be subject any possible charges under their own calling plan - just as if they manually keyed/dialed a number to place a call. You may have already done this with your smartphone (iPhone, Android, etc). 

So, if you use Zoom's click-to-dial feature (as a Zoom Phone customer) by selecting a phone number on a website site, or in your contacts, etc., the expense of the outgoing calls would fall under your calling plan (unlimited, metered, or international whichever the case may be). 

By formatting your company phone number on your website with the appropriate HTML, you are just making it easier for others to dial your number. The possible costs of the outgoing call from them to your company is on their side, like if they dialed your company number manually.

Does that make sense?

I hope this helps!

Craig

bambinoleigh
Listener

OK. 

1) basically customers visiting my website will still need to pay for the call through their operator (AT&T, Verizon, etc). they don't need to have a zoom account, right? 

2) if they have a zoom account, then they have the choice to use zoom to place this outbound call and pay for calling plan through their zoom account, correct? 

3) For my company, I'm not paying for the minutes because it's an inbound call to us, but we will pay for a Phone license to include this convenient way on website.  correct?  and people in my company who pick up the call using Zoom or any other telephony, correct? 

FORE-Craig

1) Correct.

2) Correct.

3) "For my company, I'm not paying for the minutes because it's an inbound call to us," - Correct

"but we will pay for a Phone license to include this convenient way on website.  correct?" - by you formatting the phone number on your website to be clickable is independent of Zoom Phone - its just a function of making the phone number clickable for others to use. If you know how to maintain your company's website you can do this, or having your website designer/programmer do this whether your company uses Zoom Phone or not. If your company uses or plans to use Zoom Phone then you would pay the normal monthly or annual license fees/calling plans based on the number of Users; there is no separate fee for click-to-dial as a convenience 

"and people in my company who pick up the call using Zoom or any other telephony, correct?" - because  the call is incoming, you wouldn't pay anything additional to your monthly or annual service.

Does that help? If so, please click the "Accept as Solution" button so that other people who might have the same questions in the future will be able to identify the answer. 😊 

Craig