cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom client P2P calls port range

vgonzalez
Listener

Does anyone know what port range is used when a zoom client calls another user answering on a zoom client? it doesnt use the 20k+ range that goes back to zoom but uses TCP ports somewhere in the 9000+ range from testing with wireshark.

This communication flow is undocumented and I am trying to refine our QOS policy to apply tags on P2P voice traffic along with audio traffic that goes directly to zoom.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@vgonzalez,

My colleague has just confirmed that this port range is:

Ports 9000-10000

We are working to get this updated on our Firewall Rule Support Article.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @vgonzalez ,

This is configurable in your Account Settings:

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 11.09.40 AM.png

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

vgonzalez
Listener

seeing that this specifically mentions meetings, is this including both audio and video? does this also include a phone call, which is not a meeting? Thanks for the quick response BTW!

Dan_ZoomSE

This would be for meetings (audio/video) and does NOT apply to Zoom Phone.  Zoom Phone uses TCP 5091 for signaling and UDP 20000-64000 for media.

Thanks!

vgonzalez
Listener

I have two QOS Policies for zoom phone one for the destination port 5091 and the 20k range to apply QOS on our windows machines. When making an outbound call through the PSTN the call falls into those ranges and QOS is applied. When making a P2P zoom phone call is seems that is is using the 9k range when looking at wireshark, but unknown what the full range is.

How can I get a feature request for a P2P meeting setting the port range to have it separated out between audio and video? we want audio to have a higher priority than video. Meetings that are not P2P going back to zoom that is easily definable referring  to the zoom network guide overlooking the port ranges.

Dan_ZoomSE

All feature requests are managed within our https://zoom.us/feed submission form. We encourage you to submit this idea there, where the information will then be passed along to the relevant product team for review.

vgonzalez
Listener

any thoughts on zoom phone peer 2 peer? on controlling the port range or what they are?

Arps

Hello!

Zoom Phone peer to peer traffic will be from the source ports that both zoom clients are using for the client to cloud traffic.  

Ex:

Client A sources from 9123 and goes to port 20000 in the cloud
Client B sources from 9456 and goes to port 20001 in the cloud

Client A will source with 9123 and go to 9456 on client B

Client B will source from 9456 and go to 9123 on client A

So all that to say, it's lower ephemeral range UDP ports that are chosen at the client level.  It's not something that can be set by the user or admin.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

is the port range known? I am assuming it is hard coded in the client or is brokered through Zoom's servers to tell the clients what ports to negotiate on.

Dan_ZoomSE

@vgonzalez,

My colleague has just confirmed that this port range is:

Ports 9000-10000

We are working to get this updated on our Firewall Rule Support Article.

Thanks!

Awesome! thank you for the information, I just added to our Windows group policy to have our clients get this. Thanks for forwarding this on to get documentation updates so other zoom customers can build their QOS policies better. Maybe also get the QOS document update to show how to create for each type of communication with zoom, instead of a catchall of all ports to put a single QOS tag on all traffic.

Dan_ZoomSE

Glad we could get you this information.  If this has answered your question would you please click the Accept Solution button on my replay above wi the port range?  This will help others in the Community who search this topic in the future.

Thanks!

Also to confirm, its UDP 9000-10000 for everyone else on the forum and mark as the solution. Looking at wireshark I was seeing the traffic go over UDP.

Still having issues with dropped calls, but I did get confirmed from support that outgoing UDP 9k-10k is the range for P2P calls for anyone trying to more granularly specify in their QOS policy, or needing to allow in their windows based firewall.

vgonzalez
Listener

Still having issues, confirmed the calls are dropping because the zoom controller is not getting the keepalives and instructing the clients to end the call. Waiting to get confirmation on the port or port ranges used for the keep-alive, along with if they have any internal documentation on how to Qos voice/video separately in windows instead of giving zoom.exe Qos for all TCP/UDP port ranges.