cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Make Outgoing Calls

kwinnie21
Listener

Hello.  I am trying to get started with Zoom Phone.  I have the Unlimited Calling Plan.  I can receive calls but cannot make calls.  It tells me, "Sorry, we cannot complete your call.  Your service plan does not support calling this destination."  Is there a setting I need to change, or what?

17 REPLIES 17

ted
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@kwinnie21 thank you for your question and for leveraging the Zoom Community!

Did you assign yourself both a calling plan and a phone number my friend?   Can you also please let us know what calling plan you have assigned (country) as well?

Kind Regards,
Ted

Yes, I assigned the plan and a phone number.  I am in the US and have the monthly unlimited calling 

ted

Can you please go into the profile for the user (Zoom Phone System Management - Users and Rooms - and then select the user in question.   Once there, look at the user settings and then look at the settings for "Others and Block List" and see if outbound calling is disabled.

I would also encourage you to look at the call logs as well and see what it says for the user trying to make the outbound call.

Kind Regards,
Ted

I tried your suggestions and the call logs are saying the call connected but I am getting the same error message when I try to dial out.

pbutola
Listener

What country are you dialing?  It might be a high cost region and disabled by default on your account.

aaroncoffman
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

@kwinnie21

In the Zoom admin portal -  navigate to https://zoom.us/billing then within the Zoom Phone section select "View/Edit Countries/Regions".  In the call out section make sure the destination you're attempting to call is selected. 

I was having the same issue and this fixed it for me.  Thanks @aaroncoffman 

Thank you so much that worked!!!

This is the cheapest service I could find to make calls within the U.S. by having a US area code and number while I'm in the Philippines and I believe its unlimited calling too. I needed a service that allowed me to make 3 way calls to all US numbers.  For $15.00 you cant beat that price while every other VOIP services charges around 40 dollars just to have that simple feature!

Thank you ZOOM!

SandiMacD52
Listener

The first phone package I added was automatically assigned to me.

Then I bought a second package. I had the darndest time figuring out why it wasn't showing me an option to assign the unlimited phone package from the Amin-->User Management-->User area in the same way that I can reassign zoom meeting licenses. The only option under User Management is "meetings and basic phone" which I kept trying but I still could not make outbound calls. 

It turns out that the purchased phone packages cannot assigned in the User Management menu area. Instead it is done in the Phone Systems Management -->Users & Rooms area. So I went there and then went to Users and then added the second user. Once I added the person to that area, I could then assign the "Unlimted" phone package to them instead of the "basic" phone package. 

Sandi

This fixed my problem. HUGE help, thank you!!!

+1 for this - Zoom is so confusing when it comes to User Management - two areas to configure/set up users,  and I always spend way too much time in the wrong area.

braveryktm
Listener

I am new and having the same problem...

"Sorry, we cannot complete your call.  Your service plan does not support calling this destination."  Is there a setting I need to change, or what?

I am in the US trying to call a US phone #, everything is assigned.

Barry

I have his plan

• US/CA Unlimited Calling Plan 
    US/CA Unlimited Calling Plan includes a local phone number from the United States or Canada, and includes unlimited domestic calling.

Pro Features · Unlimited Domestic

Thank you

Barry

Even though I have a yearly prepaid plan I went into https://zoom.us/billing as Aaron suggested.

Then went to pay as you go.

When I checked off United States my phone app will now call out.

This should have made a difference because it is in a different plan.

It's now working, is this a coincidence?

Thanks Barry

ActionWearOrtho
Listener

I am having the same problem.  It is very frustrating.  I have tried to find the solution here.  Can anyone help?   I have the Zoom Phone Basic plan.   I can call the number and get the automated operator.  I leave a voicemail but it never goes through.   Can anyone help?  

Kevinhua
Listener

I got the same error! So, is this kind of phone can work? I am just calling US numbers only

A77
Listener

I'm also having this issue. The suggested fixes aren't working though. Have to say I'm pretty displeased with Zoom thus far. Calling to get this solved is kind of a nightmare.