cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test audio settings freezes

QA
Listener

I downloaded the latest version of Zoom on Monday. I noticed that my personal version (app) is the newest version now. However, when I go to attend classes- which is just a link via Canvas, I no longer can use my computer audio headset. When I go to test, zoom freezes. Could this be because the school's version is not the most up to date? This was happening before as well, I was able to restart and it would work. 

2 REPLIES 2

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, the version of whoever is hosting the meeting shouldn't have any affect on your device freezing. What type of device are you using (iPhone, Android, Mac, PC with Windows)? It is probably a good idea to restart the device when you install an update to the Zoom app. Depending upon what you you use as the "Speaker" and "Microphone", you may need to reselect them when updates are run.

I hope this helps!

Craig

Craig

toddcarswell
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

QA - If rebooting your computer does not alleviate the freezing issue, I recommend this course of action:

1. Use the "check for updates" option to verify that you're on the latest release. Just click on your profile picture in the top-right section of the Zoom Client and scroll down to "Check for Updates"
  2. If you're on the latest release and rebooting your computer did not fix the problem, I recommend you open a support ticket with Zoom at https://support.zoom.us 

Hope that helps!