cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching Keywords on SMS Feature

JorgeMarquez_13
Listener

Hello everyone new to zoom phone system. Working out some of the learning curves. Has anyone noticed while using the SMS function on your phone no keywords can be searched? 

If you are struggling what work arounds have you found? 

A little context around use. I send 100's of SMS messages out a week some with just a name in the body no contact saved. So when I have to follow up its easier to search for name or specific phrase. 

5 REPLIES 5

ted
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@JorgeMarquez_13 this ask makes perfect sense when you holistically look at the Zoom platform - this is natural.  Unfortunately, this is not something that exists right now.    May I encourage you to submit a request for this feature here?

Kind Regards,
Ted

JorgeMarquez_13
Listener

@ted  Thanks will do. 

I hope they add it to the que soon. If they are planning to take on some of the market share from other virtual phones there's a couple key components that are missing. 

1.) Building out a the search functionality 

2.) Mass messaging outside of a group chat 

ted

@JorgeMarquez_13 thank you for investing the time to share that.    We have been on a rapid feature velocity and you can see a running list of features that we have been delivering monthly here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360022782511

I am curious of your opinion on something.   You can obviously use Zoom Chat for group messaging.    Would your use case require SMS or could Zoom Chat be used?   I can appreciate the pervasiveness of SMS, but might the users you are communicating with already have Zoom so you can use the chat?

Kind Regards,
Ted

@ted  Glad you asked. Currently working in the recruitment space I mass SMS candidates for a specific opportunity on the daily. I am sure this is useful for anyone in the Sales and Recruitment space. 

I'll be using Zoom more for external communication not so much internal or within Chats. Currently using Teams for that. 

When I was using RingCentral I could toggle between sending a group txt or a mass txt. (Mass SMS) Where I would type a message once and all the numbers added would get an independent message. 

ted

@JorgeMarquez_13 just checking to see if you submitted that feature request my friend;)!    If you do and are "satisfied" with the response, can you please "Accept as Solution" -- even though we don't have what you want right now?

Kind Regards,
Ted