cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poly E320/E450 doesnt recognize "#" as end of dial

johnpope
Listener

Poly E320/E450 doesn't recognize "#" as end of dial.  When dialing on a B20 or CCX I can dial an extension or phone number and press "#" instead of having to go up to the display and press the "Dial" softkey.  On the E320 and E450s we have deployed, the "#" is added to the dial string and is not interpreted as the end of dialing sequence.  The phones are currently on Poly ver 8.2.0.10139.  Does anyone know if there is a template field to activate the "#" as the end of dial or if there is some other solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi johnpope,

two additional ways to dial, you can dial the number and then (1) pickup the handset or (2) press the speaker phone button to automatically dial.

there may be a way of using a digit map to automatically dial a number based on the digits entered. i suggest opening a ticket with support.

attached are the admin guide and parameter reference guide for poly edge e series which may be of use.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Eliot

hi johnpope,

two additional ways to dial, you can dial the number and then (1) pickup the handset or (2) press the speaker phone button to automatically dial.

there may be a way of using a digit map to automatically dial a number based on the digits entered. i suggest opening a ticket with support.

attached are the admin guide and parameter reference guide for poly edge e series which may be of use.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Thank you!  this solution will work fine for us.  Thank you very much!

Eliot

hi johnpope,

this poly article may be interest for digit map.

https://www.poly.com/ca/fr/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?lang=en_US&urlName=knova-33287-how...

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

hi johnpope,

according to poly's creating a digit map article:

'Many SIP phone implementations without digit map support use an “end-of-dial” character to indicate the string is complete. The standard that seems to have been adopted is to use the pound or hash key, and many users have come to dial all their calls this way, much like pressing SEND on a mobile phone. Polycom phones also support this option, and it can be used in conjunction with the timer if desired.' 

if you still want this ability, you might consider opening a ticket with poly requesting # end of dial be added for poly edge e series.

VoIP: Creating a Digit Map for SIP phones (poly.com) 

thanks,  eliot