cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple phone numbers separate ringtones

Jennifer01
Listener

I have a user that has two separate direct dial numbers.   Is it possible to have different ringtones depending on what number the outside caller uses?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Jennifer01  Ringtones settings with the Zoom client/application does not have the capability to set per DID/direct lines, it is only for phone/meeting calls in general.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

IP-Man

@Jennifer01  Ringtones settings with the Zoom client/application does not have the capability to set per DID/direct lines, it is only for phone/meeting calls in general.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Jennifer, 

Currently, there isn’t a way to specify different ringtones for different lines for the same user.  The same ringtone is used for all incoming calls and meetings. It can be changed in the Zoom app under the User’s Profile in the General section. 

This would make a great enhancement though, in my opinion. You can submit it as a suggestion at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

I hope that helps! If this fully answers your question, please mark this as the Solution, so that other community users know. Thank you! 

Craig

This is not completely correct.

It is possible to do.  I currently have two directly assigned numbers with separate ring tones configured.  When I assigned the numbers they were in the app>settings>general>ringtones

I set them so I could determine which number was being called.  

They have since vanished..... so perhaps it's an undocumented feature.  

FORE-Craig

Hi @BrianHouston 

Back in March this was true. Since then there was an enhancement added. It can now be configured in the Zoom desktop app - See attached. It was also just recently added to the Zoom Phone Appliance app.

I hope this helps!

Craig

Hi all,

Do you know if this is possible for desk phones?

I know we can control this from the web GUI of the phone itself but I rather mange it centerlly from Zoom Phone.

On Yealink phones, we can control the ringtone either by account or by the alert header (

account.x.alert_info_url_enable). So, in other words, how do we alter the alert header?

Thanks