cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercom

lauri_schindler
Listener

We recently set up audio intercoms for all users.  When we click on the intercom icon on the lines tab, nothing happens for about 10 seconds and then the system places a phone call to the user selected.  Neither party's phone beeps, as they should.  Neither party is one the phone, etc.  All phones have Zoom devices selected to receive intercom.  What am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Eliot

Supported desk phone features by brand indicates that Poly and Yealink desk phones support audio intercom. poly vvx 250 desk phone audio intercom worked. As soon as the intercom button is pressed, the audio intercom call is initiated. within 2 seconds the phone receiving the intercom goes off hook - speakerphone mode and beeps. From eliot’s phone he can intercom manager and from manager’s phone, she can intercom eliot.
Please see eliot vvx 250 screen capture and manager vvx 250 screen capture attached.
Please see zoom phone system management->users & rooms->user settings->intercom for eliot and manager. Screen shots attached.
I set up intercom as an admin. This does not appear to require that participants accept the intercom role. There are notification messages sent to new intercom participants. If a non-admin adds an intercom party, that party must accept the request to enable intercom between them.
the zoom windows desktop client also supports intercom with a person using a desk phone. Mouse over phone->lines->monitoring->user name and click on the square with a symbol inside. By clicking this square, you will initiate an intercom to that user. Please see attached screen shot.

lauri_schindler
Listener

Thank you, Eliot.   You wrote "zoom windows desktop client also supports intercom with a person using a desk phone."   We don't have desktop phones; we all use desktop client/mobile.   That must be the issue.  

Eliot

i will check.

thanks

eliot

Eliot

I think you are correct.  zoom support article says 'The receiving extension must be a phone user or common area phone with these prerequisites:

Note: The sender (phone user) and receiver (phone user or common area phone) need to have audio intercom enabled by an admin. '