cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Audio

ScotP
Listener

I've recently started experiencing some speaker issues on my desktop Zoom usage.

1) When dialing out, I hear the dial tones fine, but then can't hear the line ringing prior to the other end picking up so I have to watch the screen to see when the timer starts to determine when someone picks up on the other end. 

2) When I go into Audio settings and run a "Test Speaker", I get an initial sound and then it drops out altogether even though the output level indicator is still fluctuating. 

I've reviewed all the troubleshooting and proper setting functions provided on the website, but nothing is working. I thought possibly it's an issue with my computer's built-in speaker, but when I play music (e.g., Spotify) on it the sound is fine and works every time. 

I'm running in Windows 11 and on a newer Asus Vivobook S. 

3 REPLIES 3

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @ScotP 

Sorry to hear of your issues. Sounds like you have tried the Zoom Audio Troubleshooting steps. if yes, Have you ensured your audio is set to Zoom optimized audio ?

I found this video online on youtube indicating similar issues. Can you please try the steps to see if they help ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM5jY6wdqKY

If this doesn't help as well, We recommend open a support ticket 

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

ScotP
Listener

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, none of those options appear to have addressed the issue (the video primarily addressed the issue of no sound at all, which doesn't apply in this case).

sachinzoom

Hi @ScotP 

Understand. In that case, as the article mentions, Please open a support ticket to continue the troubleshooting.

One more question, Have you updated Zoom to the latest version ?