cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Host not Found" error

cheyenneapauley
Listener

Hello, upon trying to create a webinar through OnZoom, I keep getting the "Host not Found" error. I can't figure out why this keeps happening. Has anyone else figured this out yet or know how to fix it? Thank you in advance!

15 REPLIES 15

HousePeace
Listener

I have had the same problem today and have spent hours trying to figure this out due to an OnZoom ticketed event I hosted. I am hoping this is a temporary glitch.  I am hoping some OnZoom admins will address this.

CarlosIratzu
Listener

I have a problem with my account I can't make any changes to my events or add people I get host_not_found any news  on this problem how we can fixed

ellefaith
Listener

Hello, did you find a resolution to this problem? I just signed up and I'm getting the same error. I tried chatting with an agent and they couldn't figure it out.

JaySeales
Listener

I'm having the same issue!  Can't create a new event as I'm getting the host_not_found error code as well.

HousePeace
Listener

This has still not been resolved. I have tried reaching a person from Zoom, but I keep getting the help bot, which does not help at all. 

while it's nice to earn a 'chatty badge'...I'd really like to know what's going on with this "host not found" error

HousePeace
Listener

The problem is still not resolved. I noticed that someone else posted about it here today January 22 (Sunday). Here is what I wrote on their post:

I have had these same problems with OnZoom since last week (Thursday January 19): unable to edit tickets for an event, or add any tickets, getting the "host not found" message, unable to record as well. I reached a zoom help person via their chat bot (you have to type in "representative" to get someone). The guy didn't know what I was talking about and did not fix anything. He started a help desk ticket which I filled out immediately and I have not heard anything from zoom since then (it is now Sunday evening January 22). I tried to create a new meeting on OnZoom, and it will not save anything, and repeatedly gives the message of "host not found." I have never had these problems before. I have customers who paid for a class and I am unable to hold up my end of the bargain because OnZoom isn't working and no one is fixing this problem. 

momscomputer
Listener

Same issue, 'host not found.' Can't create new classes or manage present classes. 

Support has been sadly, unhelpful and unknowledgable. We work with Senior Citizens and this will hurt them.

At a minimum Zoom should have the courtesy of a response? Or even better a solution. 

JohnW2
Listener

I just got this quick pop-up message which said the same thing...has anyone heard from support on this?

JohnW2
Listener

I've looked around and don't seem to find anything about what to do when getting a 'host not found' error...can anyone advise? what does this mean and what's the impact?

momscomputer
Listener

About 10 hours ago someone responded to my support ticket and advised to clear history/cache, logo out of browser, wait 5 minutes,  then retry. Didn't work for me, told them on the ticket and haven't heard back. 

vivify
Listener

Did this resolve @momscomputer ? I followed the clear history/cache suggestion and persist in getting the host_not_found error. Please let us know if anything works!

Hi Vivify, Sadly did not work, Still await a reply on my support ticket. 

HousePeace
Listener

Okay clearly, Zoom/OnZoom is not going to help us. Let's see if we can come up with some commonalities. Is it possible this is because of something not related to Zoom? I am using a newer MacBook Air, updated with the latest OS. I have tried to edit/create on OnZoom via Safari and Firefox but get the same "host not found" error on both browsers. I have cleared my cache/cookies several times. Restarted the computer several times. 

I did the same. I also opened an incognito window and that didn't help. Then, I made sure my desktop version of Zoom was updated. No cigar.
My machine Macbook Pro, macOS Monterey Ver 12.6