cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual background function not working any more

jochen8
Listener

After many years of using it, suddenly my virtual background function does not work any more! Zoom is not willing to help me, so I hope someone here can please:-). Thanks in advance.

I have enabled the virtual background in my account setup. When I go to preferences (am using Macbook, all updated and latest version of Zoom) and want to enable the virtual background, nothing happens, when I tick the 'green screen' icon (I have one) nothing happens, and when I upload an image to be used as virtual background and click it, nothing happens and it will just automatically disappear again! You can watch this brief Loom video to see the exact issue. Thank you.

https://www.loom.com/share/df3b76e1c10b4066bc258e7f93f12a9c

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jochen8
Listener

This is what Zoom support advised me and it worked (for Mac):

Let's try to clean database of Zoom installed on your main profile. Kindly follow the steps below:

For MAC client;
1.Exit Zoom App.
2.Open ‘Go to Folder’
3.Go to ~/Library/Application Support/zoom.us
4.Delete the data folder.
5.Start the Zoom App and log in client and wait some time to rebuild the index of search.
6.After that, we can test whether it resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jochen8
Listener

I have also totally removed Zoom and installed it freshly, but with the same result. Virtual background does not work

darylperrier
Listener

same here after an upgrade i lost my virtual backgrounds and avatars

thanks for sharing that. i really need the background, so have upgraded to Pro now, just to be able to access their support (for free accounts they don't care). But so far they could not solve it... Once they do, I'll share the solution

jochen8
Listener

This is what Zoom support advised me and it worked (for Mac):

Let's try to clean database of Zoom installed on your main profile. Kindly follow the steps below:

For MAC client;
1.Exit Zoom App.
2.Open ‘Go to Folder’
3.Go to ~/Library/Application Support/zoom.us
4.Delete the data folder.
5.Start the Zoom App and log in client and wait some time to rebuild the index of search.
6.After that, we can test whether it resolves the issue.

Dino6320
Listener

If you have Zoom app, you will need to log back in after an update or sign out, otherwise you lose the virtual backgrounds.

rwulffenstein
Listener

Is there a resolution for a Windows device (instead of a MAC)?  Having this issue on a Windows desktop.

i don't use Windows, so don't know, but you could just try the same, delete everything related to Zoom away and re-install afresh (this works for many things in Windows as I hear...)