cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong password

tty1234
Listener

When I try to join a meeting, it shows that the password is wrong even though I am sure that I enter the password and meeting ID correctly. Then I host a meeting myself and ask my partner to join mine, he also has the same situation as me. His system also shows that he enters the wrong password. We both try several times but it still fails.

We had several meetings successfully before. However, starting from last week, this weird situation happened and I dont know whats the problem.

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tty1234, are you creating a new meeting every time you invite participants?  

Or are you reusing and restarting your meeting from previous meetings https://zoom.us/meeting#/previous

Or, are you using your Personal Meeting ID for scheduling meetings? 

If you're having any issues suggest either creating a new meeting with a newly generated Meeting ID or changing the passcode and retesting. If using your PMI, suggest changing your Personal meeting ID and pascode and retrying. Don't suggest using a previous meeting if it's not recurring as well. 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Patcsfnp
Listener

I am having the same problem. It began last week as well! I have been attending a zoom Spanish class using all the same password info. And keep being told “ wrong password”