cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please ask host to record" but I'm the host.

2Zoom4all
Listener

I occasionally host Zoom interviews that I record. On the last two, both during this December, although I was the host and I sent the meeting invitation, when I hit record I got "Please ask the host for permission to record." The interviewee gets the same message if they try to record.

For some equally mysterious (to me) reason, I then ended the meeting,  sent a new invite, and was then able to record. But in the meantime precious minutes were lost from a tightly scheduled time.

Does anyone know the fix for that?  I'm not seeing anything in settings. 

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @2Zoom4all, this may be from not being signed in or claiming host during this meeting. When starting your meetings, I would ensure that you are signed into the Zoom mobile app or the Zoom Desktop client so therefore claim host and record. 

If the app was never opened previous to you clicking that link, then will not be logged in when you join the meeting. Usually, this happens after a computer restart or after exiting the Zoom program completely. 

However, you can always "Claim host" while you are in the meeting already if it is giving you that error message. You will need to open the participant's window while in the meeting to see the "Claim Host" button at the bottom. 

Let me know if that helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!