cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"DisableUserSignUp" does not seem to work

kevin-l
Listener

I am trying to configure Zoom Meetings clients to not display the "Sign Up" button when you first launch the Zoom meeting client. However, it still displays even if i set it not to via GPO or via install switch for the MSI installer. I am using the lastest ADMX files (5.14.10) and running the MSI install 5.14.8 (16213).

I've tried DisableUserSignUp to 1 in CLI  ZConfig="NoSSO=1;nogoogle=1;nofacebook=1;EnableAppleLogin=0;DisableUserSignUp=1"

I've also tried Enabling the Group Policy setting "Set to hide the sign up button" under User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Zoom Meetings/Zoom General Settings

4 REPLIES 4

steve_prior
Listener

I have the same issue. New install, used the same switches as above, i can see in registry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ZoomUMX\PerInstall\ these settings are showing but every time i run the app i get the option to sign up.

steve_prior
Listener

Also i checked this article; Mass-deploying with Group Policy Objects – Zoom Support and the registry keys documented (

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Zoom\Zoom Meetings\General
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Zoom\Zoom Meetings\Meetings
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Zoom\Zoom Meetings\Chat

Did not exist.  I created them and set disableusersignup in there, but no difference.

Has this ever worked?

kevin-l
Listener

I have a suspicion that this is not yet implemented for Zoom Meeting client 5.14.8 (which is the latest download as of today)

The Release Notes for the Windows client only mentions the new Registry/Group Policy setting on the upcoming release, which is "delayed"

Not sure if Zoom Employee monitors the posts (first time posting😅), but would be great for someone to confirm.

kevin-l
Listener

Looks like the new 5.14.10 (17221) is out now. I tried the new MSI installer and the Registry/GPO/CLI switch for DisableUserSignUp is working now.