cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does zoom basic record meetings automatically

Lab118
Listener

Hi 

I zoom with a family member a funeral i am wondering if it would have been recorded I have never used zoom but to record so not sure how it works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Lab118,

Welcome to Zoom, and the Zoom Community forum!

Zoom does not record any meeting "automatically" unless the meeting Host enables a specific setting to do so.  A recording can be initiated by the Host during any meeting, and the Host can grant permission to attendees to record locally on their computer.

For future reference, there are two indicators to look for (and in two places) so you know whether or not the meeting is being recorded.  There is a "cloud icon" with a red dot indicating recording on the Zoom Cloud.  One is in the upper left corner of your main Zoom screen:

Ray_Harwood_0-1668984498131.png

Another place to look is int the Participant window, and the cloud icon will show up for the Host and Co-Hosts, who all have control over Cloud Recording:

Ray_Harwood_1-1668984613932.png

Note that Cloud Recording is not enabled if the meeting Host has a Basic (free) account.

Recording Locally is shown by a red dot inside a circle, in the same locations... upper left, and on the Participant window for each person who is recording locally:

Ray_Harwood_2-1668984707637.png 

and

Ray_Harwood_3-1668984732910.png

I hope that's helpful.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Lab118,

Welcome to Zoom, and the Zoom Community forum!

Zoom does not record any meeting "automatically" unless the meeting Host enables a specific setting to do so.  A recording can be initiated by the Host during any meeting, and the Host can grant permission to attendees to record locally on their computer.

For future reference, there are two indicators to look for (and in two places) so you know whether or not the meeting is being recorded.  There is a "cloud icon" with a red dot indicating recording on the Zoom Cloud.  One is in the upper left corner of your main Zoom screen:

Ray_Harwood_0-1668984498131.png

Another place to look is int the Participant window, and the cloud icon will show up for the Host and Co-Hosts, who all have control over Cloud Recording:

Ray_Harwood_1-1668984613932.png

Note that Cloud Recording is not enabled if the meeting Host has a Basic (free) account.

Recording Locally is shown by a red dot inside a circle, in the same locations... upper left, and on the Participant window for each person who is recording locally:

Ray_Harwood_2-1668984707637.png 

and

Ray_Harwood_3-1668984732910.png

I hope that's helpful.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !