cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakout room--host wants to extend time

drjohnvanepp
Listener

There used to be a setting when I would assign people to breakout rooms that allowed me the option of either closing the rooms or extending the time they stayed open (beyond the original time I had set). This was a great option because sometimes I wanted to extend until a group finished a task. However, I cannot find that setting and when I host now the rooms auto close at whatever time I had set without any option of extending. Please help me know how to reset that extension option. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

As long as you have checked "Notify me when the time is up" the option you are looking is in that pop-up notification. You can either confirm to close the rooms or extend the time.

ZoomTestKitchen_0-1662096340403.png

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

After some updates, my zoom breakouts are now set to close after 11+ minutes and I cannot find where is this timer and how to turn it off.  When i go to set up breakouts, the options shown in the screenshot above are not present, only the choice of automatic, manual or participant choice of breakouts.  How do i find adn turn off the breakout timer so they don't close automatically?

billshander
Listener

You can get to that shown dialog box after creating the rooms, before you open them.

IknowEVERYTHin
Listener

so like i was walking in the lawn when a snow plow. oh sorry for ur info just ask a zoom attendate. They can help you with EVERYTHing! get it everything?? MY username!!