cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch add virtual backgrounds

Schollii
Listener

Is there a way to add many images to the "bank" of available virtual backgrounds? Right now I can only add each image one at a time, which is tedious so before I do that, I wanted to check whether I just hadn't looked in the right places. I am currently on the free plan, in case that matters. 

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I just tested this on my mac laptop and was able to use the Shift key to select multiple images and have them added to the list of available virtual backgrounds. Not sure if its the same on Windows, but you might try that. Just hold the Shift key while you select multiple images. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Schollii
Listener

Thanks, that's interesting, but neither shift-click nor ctrl-click work for me on Windows 11. This is from the zoom desktop app btw, Settings, Backgrounds, Add Image (and note it is spelled singular on Windows, I don't know about Mac). Are you using the desktop app? I do not see where to add images in the web interface, I think because this is a desktop setting (ie I'll have to add my images on each desktop that I use).

Bort

I was just able to test this as well on Win11, and found the same limitation. Seems like it might be an odd limitation on the Windows version, but not sure if it only affects Windows 11. 

There is an ability to add virtual backgrounds in the web portal, but it is an admin-only option, which are available only when there are multiple people on the same account. 

Best route would be to add those manually for now, and hopefully that issue is resolved in a future release. 

Thanks for checking, @Bort!

I'm using Win10 and cannot select multiple files as well.