cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps crashing

raihansujaya
Listener

My Zoom app keeps crashing for no reason (I don't know why). I've tried all the solutions on the internet (reinstalling, reboot, cleanup chaches, update, etc) but all of them don't take any effect, still "not responding". I even don't get any error code or troubleshoot so the crashed app doesn't let me know what is the problem. I'm very upset.
I hope someone can kindly help me because I have many schedules on it so I really really need this to be solved. The "Bolt" and "Contact Support" don't help me anything as bad as they are. Big thanks to all of you who can help me get away from this.

32 REPLIES 32

suzyyogi
Listener

I am having this same issue.  It started 2 weeks ago when Zoom "pushed" out an update to me.  It is consistently crashing at the 35 min mark for meetings that I am not the host of.  (I have not hosted any - but have "free" version so only have that amount of time).  This is very problematic when a client is using zoom for conferencing and I crash in the middle of a 60 minute meeting!  I also tried the recommended fixes.  And every time it crashes I do report it to zoom through the popup message. 

MYKingAssoc
Listener

My Zoom keeps crashing also!  Has anyone discovered why?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @raihansujaya @MYKingAssoc @suzyyogi ,  I'm sorry to hear that your Zoom client keeps crashing. Please take these troubleshooting steps and let me know if it helps once done: 

1. Run this application called CleanZoom, it will remove all traces of just the Zoom application: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360084068792/CleanZoom.zip
  2. Restart your computer 
  3. Download the newest version of Zoom here: https://zoom.us/support/download 
  4. Once that is done, restart the computer once again and give it a try. Let me know if the issue persists.

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have found your solution for zoom crashing but CleanZoom is not compatible to run on my mac. Suggestions?

Hi @carli_Pamperedc ! 

On a Mac, please try these steps to uninstall Zoom: 

1. From your desktop, click Go then Applications.
  2. Right-click on zoom.us then click Show package contents.
  3. Open the Contents folder then Frameworks.
  4. Double-click on ZoomUninstaller and wait for the uninstallation to complete.

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I have successfully uninstalled zoom on my mac (and my iphone) and uploaded the most recent version. Zoom is still crashing and reconnecting in the middle of my meetings...across all of my devices. What can I do next? 

Thank you for the update! I would suggest doing the following:

1. Restart your Mac

2. Close any programs that use a lot of CPU power

3.  Check your operating system permissions to confirm that Zoom has access to the camera

Let me know if that helps! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

HI CarlaA - just to clarify, do you work for Zoom?

I have exactly the same problems on my Mac as carli_Pamperedc. They have been persistent since some time in June. To be honest I ended up cancelling our company's Zoom accounts as a result. However I still have to deal with customers who have Zoom accounts so I would like to be able to hold a conversation with them that does not reboot Zoom every 5 minutes. 

I have tried all the normal suggestions, including uninstall, re-install, checked permissions etc. The reality is that it worked fine for 2 years, then one day after an update, it started crashing and not amount of troubleshooting or appeals to support seems to solve the problem. This is clearly a bug that needs to be addressed. I will not consider Zoom until it has been fixed and I will keep pushing all my customers to use a competing product. It is a pity because there were reasons I preferred Zoom.

Hi Carla, 

Three people in my office, me included, are experiencing the same.  It is maddening!  We are on client Zoom meetings all day long.  It seems to work better if I uninstall the desktop client and run Zoom via a we browser, but that experience is not great.  The desktop client is way better.  For me, it started on January 5th.  The video goes in and out, turns green, freezes, Zoom crashes then comes back up and it keeps doing it over and over.  It is even worse if you try to share your screen.  Within 10 seconds of sharing my screen, it crashes.  We have done everything under the sun to fix this - reboot, uninstall and reinstall, cleanzoom, etc.  We are all on Windows 11 and running with very new laptops with upgraded memory.  This appears to be an issue with a Zoom update.  It has run perfectly for all of us for the past (almost) 3 years until last week.

yeah i am having all the same issues and i use zoom with clients and for game nights on jackbox and its maddening and wastes everyones time and makes me look bad for scheduling a game or client meeting that can't get the purpose of the Event done.  

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @cmottes @jubeii89 @km55435 , I am truly sorry to hear that you are having a difficult experience with the Zoom app. Can you please try rebooting your device and then updating your Zoom app to the newly released 5.13.5 client. Let me know if that helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

km55435
Listener

tried all of that already - numerous times.  I uninstalled and reinstalled both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions (my pc is 64) and rebooted at least 3 times.  I wanted to test both the 64 & 32 bit versions to see if one would work and get the same thing on both.  The other people in my office with this issue are still experiencing the same.  My camera gets all squiggly and green and/or it crashes and comes back up every few minutes.  Hard to do a client meeting like this.  It seems to be isolated to the desktop app, because I did try to just use Zoom online, and it worked fine.  However, the online version is not as nice as using the desktop app.

barbisanders
Listener

I am having the same issues as @km55435. App crashes repeatedly while staying connected and eventually tosses me out of the meeting completely. Sometimes it restarts and reconnects, other times it does not. Have been using zoom for years and this just started about a month ago. It also seems to occur more frequently and happen quicker if I am the one sharing my screen.

Help this is happening to me too. It is a serious issue as this is how I earn my living.

dk657
Listener

I have always done Zoom app updates. The crashes with Mac client app came only after doing update. The problem is with the code in the app and not with my configuration.

aloutsenko
Listener

I have recently started to experience a similar issue, which started three weeks ago and has been persistent since. Zoom crashes with no error code when attempting to join calls, my support ticket was closed with no help provided, and I've tried all troubleshooting steps suggest here and elsewhere (full reinstall, disable hardware acceleration, etc.) short of completely reinstalling my PC. Thank you!

R3bornCnick
Listener

My Zoom also crashes during meetings and starts the same meeting back up. It does this several times at random and then crashes permanently. I am on a Windows 11 pc, and I have all the current updates. I have an Intel 12600K and an RTX 3060 12 GB dedicated GPU. It has been doing this for months, even through several Zoom application updates. I am so frustrated with this. Some times it crashes a few seconds into a meeting, and sometimes it takes 30 mins. I can not pinpoint WTH is causing this. I have even done a fresh install of my Windows operating system, thinking that maybe it was a Windows issue, and these random crash still occurs.  Now I see that I am not the only one. Please advise

I just ran the CleanZoom tool posted above in this thread. Restarted my PC and installed the latest version of the Zoom app. Praying this works. I will report back at the end of the week if no crashes occur. 

Well, that didn't take long. I'm in a meeting, I begin to share my screen and Zoom unexpectedly crashes. No crash and restart just a straight crash. I am at my wit's end with this software. And I'm paying for the Zoom Pro. Two months of nothing but crashes and terrible performance. 

I was having the same issue with a Lenovo LOQ with a RTX gpu, I noticed that i was having msi afterburner turned on while i was using zoom. I first tried closing the MSI afterburner, but, for an unknown reason, the Riva tuner app was staying active. When I closed both of them, zoom started to work normally as before.

So, knowing that you have a RTX 3060, I'm pretty sure you are using msi afterburner to check it's performance, so, check if it's active the next time you're using zoom, if it is, make sure to close the afterburner and the rivatuner app. In my case it got fixed by doing that.

That works... but trying to install more programs just kinda... happened again. By kinda, I mean "holy (****) it just crashed right after I reconnected it again" kinda thing.

it also applies to a Palit Dual OC 1050 Ti (tryna be specific).

PS I realized that I forgot to nuke rtss background processes (basically riva tuner)

mcdp
Listener

Feeling very frustrated that my zoom worked fine last night and then today after the latest update I can't get on as it keeps crashing. I have cleaned out zoom, reinstalled, checked for updates on all my drivers and they are all up to date. If there is a glitch in the new update, please let us know so that we don't keep trying things that we don't need to. I have been a customer for years and don't relish the thought of having to look for a different way to meet with my clients. 

mcdp
Listener

Maybe this will help others - I discovered that when zoom automatically updated, it updated the 64bit version. What I needed was the 32bit. I uninstalled the 64bit version and installed the 32bit version offered on the download site and all is working well. 

dbrowna2bf
Listener

Half our organization has the issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom does not resolve the issue. This plus the OpenSSL vulnerability make Zoom worthless.

dbrowna2bf
Listener

Still having major problems with Zoom just closing. No errors, no commonality, just closes. Zoom Support is trying to pretend this is only happening to our organization. Are you all experiencing the issue as well?

galaxygirl01
Listener

Over the past two weeks I've had Zoom just close on me as soon as I connect with another person. It's really hit and miss too. Most will be fine but on some, I just can't get it to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but it just won't have it!

dbrowna2bf
Listener

Zoom support flat told me they don't believe we are having problems, and then in the same breath told me they were working on fixes for the problems they don't think exist.... Zoom has become a very shady, very un-trustworthy company to work with.

dbrowna2bf
Listener

We continue to face this problem without a resolution from Zoom. They wanted users to submit trouble reports and screenshots of Task Manager every time it happened, which they have done, then they wanted even more information that would require I remote into each machine having the issue and manually gather Zoom logs... 

Dubstephs
Listener

Bringing this up again so Zoom can realize this isn't just 1 or 2 people. It keeps kicking me out and then letting me back in consistently. Unable to present and had to send Google Meet links to everyone. No solution online, all the above done and test and its not a brandwidth or device issue. 

We just updated all of our clients and haven't had this issue since. Although, now that I threw that out to the universe I'm sure it will start up again... However, I do recommend going through all clients and updating to the latest version.