cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom can't use external audio device on iOS.

Zooooom
Listener

It seems impossible to use an external audio device with Zoom on iOS. All other apps like youtube or spotify use it without any problems.

2 REPLIES 2

Jameswalter
Participant

Make sure your mic is connected and turned on. If using an external mic, examine the connecting cable, or check your Bluetooth settings if using a wireless mic. For wired mics, try plugging it into a different USB port. For Bluetooth devices, make sure the battery is charged.

Select Join Audio. Zoom usually requests access to your mic before you join a meeting, but in case you missed it, you can select Join Audio at the bottom of the Zoom window.

Make sure you're not muted in Zoom. If the microphone icon has a line through it in your Zoom window, select the Sound icon to unmute yourself.

Make sure your microphone is selected in Zoom. During a meeting, select the up arrow next to the Microphone icon and make sure the desired mic is chosen.

Regards,
James

James, thank you for your reply! However, the audio device I wanted to use was to only just listen to the meeting via line-out, although it does indeed have a microphone port that I didn't plug in. I couldn't switch to the device for audio output with the speaker-icon when connected.