cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom blur option not available

cez1
Listener

Hi, I just need some help. I've tried to update my Zoom account and troubleshoot but I can't seem to have the option to blur my background on my Mac. I have the Macbook air 2017 running on macOS Big Sur 11.4. 1.8GH Dual Core Intel core 1.5, does it not fit the requirement for virtual backgrounds? I also blend in the existing background which leave me no choice but to turn it off. Please help. Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@cez1 - Sorry for the delay in responding.  Checking the version of your processor at https://everymac.com/, it would appear that your processor is 5th generation, and the blur background requirements here indicate that it would need to be 6th generation or later.

View solution in original post

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

On behalf of the Zoom Community team, we wanted to thank you all for the helpful contributions made on this topic. Because of the insightful feedback shared here on this community post, we were able to create a new support article that outlines how to troubleshoot when the Zoom blurred background option is not available. We encourage you to visit and review this article to help guide you in your successful use of Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6619329769741.

Thank you!

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

arman_n
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi cez1,

Please make sure that I have a green screen is turned off

arman_n_1-1638460252087.png

This "advice" doesn't help us at all. I have the same problem which is there is no blur option even with meeting all the system requirements (my case is on Windows10 x the latest version of Zoom).
I saw the above links and checked everything, can't find any answer to the question yet, that is why I came here, and basically expect such information on Zoom HP, NOT in Community. 

my also same in my zoom there is not blur option and also my zoom version is 5.9.3 , my zoom client platform is windows pls help me

colegs

@Darsh - If you are still having this problem, can you please verify which version of Windows you are running, and the processor specs of your computer?

colegs

@LiPhone Are you still having the problem with Blurred backgrounds?  Can you share the specifics of your computer, specifically around the processor?

MsFaith
Listener

I have a 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 mac book air and I am having the same issue. I have the latest version of Zoom and I don't have the background options. I really need it for work but I cant seem to get any help. Please can I get some advise on what to do. I have also signed in and out. 

colegs

@MsFaith - Do you happen to know how old your laptop is?  If it is older than 2019, it is likely that is has an older processor (Generation 5 or earlier) that is not able to process the blurred screen.  (It appears you cannot select a background without selecting 'I have a Green Screen' which is an indication the processor is too old).

ClaireM
Listener

I have the same problem. I used to have the blur option but now it has dissapeared even though I am using the same computer: MacBookAir with macOS Monterey version 12.1. easily meets the tech specifications. And I'm using the latest version of zoom: version 5.9.1. I have signed in and out of zoom and switched computer on and off (several times). Please help us zoom people as this is very annoying!

colegs

@ClaireM - I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having.  I do not know if it is directly related, but Apple introduced a few issues in the Monterey upgrade.  Zoom is working with them to address the issues, so if this is the case, hopefully they will be resolved soon.

mm7529
Listener

I have been trying to get the blur option to work on my MacBook as well. There is no blur option in either my desktop app or going to the zoom desktop site however, when I tried the app on my iPhone, my background is blurred! I have no idea how that happened and how to make this happen on my Mac which is where I really need it. I’m running version 5.9.3 of the app on my MacBook as well as my iPhone. I’m running macOS Monterey version 12.2 on my MacBook. Has anyone figured this out?

colegs

@mm7529 - I have no idea what processor you have in your MacBook, so I can't guarantee that it is not related to the specs of the CPU.  Additionally, Apple introduced a few issues with their Monterey upgrade, and Zoom is working with them to resolve those.  (I am not sure if the blurred background is one of them, and I am not able to test to see if that is the case).

adela05
Listener

Have the same problem here. I'm using MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, macOS Monterey 12.2.1, and Zoom Version: 5.9.3 (4239), but the blur option doesn't appear. Please please need help.

colegs

@adela05 - Do you happen to know how old your laptop is?  If it is older than 2019, it is likely that is has an older processor (Generation 5 or earlier) that is not able to process the blurred screen.  (It appears you cannot select a background without selecting 'I have a Green Screen' which is an indication the processor is too old).  If it is newer than that, it might be an issue with the Monterey upgrade.

CatEu
Listener

I'm having the same issue as well.  I have a MacBook Pro.  Updated to Monterey and Zoom has been updated.  When I initially updated, I saw the blur option but it just disappeared and no idea how to get it back.  Anyone got any solutions or heard back from Zoom support?

colegs

@CatEu - If it was working before, obviously your computer has the right specs.  The only thing I can think of is that Apple introduced a few issues with the Monterey upgrade, so it may have to wait until those are resolved.

Loops2112
Listener

Same issue for me - it used to work.  I've just done the most recent update and the blur screen isn't showing anymore (I also have a MacBook Pro running High Sierra)

colegs

@Loops2112 - If you are running the same OS, the latest version of Zoom should not have impacted the ability to blur screen.  Do you happen to know your processor specs and computer's age?  Are you able to select virtual backgrounds without the green screen?

sabrinachiodo
Listener

Having the same problem on Mac - no blur option available!

colegs

@sabrinachiodo Are you able to select a background without the 'I have a Green Screen' checked?  If not, that would indicated that you processor is too hold to support blur screen.  If you can, please uncheck the box and see if the option is available to you.

kate6
Listener

still nothing from Zoom?? How come they are not helping? I have same issue! Terrible customer support!

colegs

@kate6 sorry for the confusion, this is a community chat as opposed to customer support.  To contact customer support, please check here.  If you are having trouble with your blurred background, please provide information on your computer model and specs and we will be happy to try to help you!

colegs

@cez1 - Sorry for the delay in responding.  Checking the version of your processor at https://everymac.com/, it would appear that your processor is 5th generation, and the blur background requirements here indicate that it would need to be 6th generation or later.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

On behalf of the Zoom Community team, we wanted to thank you all for the helpful contributions made on this topic. Because of the insightful feedback shared here on this community post, we were able to create a new support article that outlines how to troubleshoot when the Zoom blurred background option is not available. We encourage you to visit and review this article to help guide you in your successful use of Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6619329769741.

Thank you!

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hey @CarlaA I'm running the Zoom PWA on an Acer Chromebook Spin 714. It has a 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1235U CPU, but the blur option isn't showing for me. I've checked the support docs and from what I can tell blurring should be supported for me. I tried the Play Store Zoom app as well but no luck there either. I'm running Version: 1.5.0.1544 (0518). Any help would be appreciated!

thilina2
Listener

I have the same problem, yeah true my laptop is also old. You all saying it can not process with an old processor. I have a problem, if we can't process that how MS teams are processing this. I can blur my background with teams. I think this is a problem from the software end. please fix the issue, it is a primary feature that should have in meeting software.

I noticed this as well. Even though I have an older machine, I am able to blur my background under Microsoft Teams.

TsingT
Listener

Agree with colegs. The processor, the GPU processor decides whether you can use remove, blur and change background if you want to do it without chroma key. If your process is 5th, and Zoom won't support. You can try some free webcam blur apps like vcam. Of course, there are also some apps such as epoccam can turn your iphone as webcam for free, and the blur effect can be done on your iPhone so that there is no need to use your Mac processor to do the blur job. 

e7e61190-19c8-4113-8a02-e226cdc0c3df.png

Razzleberri
Listener

Hi,

I am working with Windows 10 Home and an AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G 3.10 GHz processor. I do not have the option of blurring my background either. I am not sure if my processor is up to snuff or not. If so I would to fix what's wrong.

Hi @Razzleberri , please check this article to troubleshoot when the Zoom blurred background option is not available. : https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6619329769741.

Thanks!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

gemrhine183
Listener

Hi. I have the same problem. I have:
Processor: AMD A8-7680 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 3.50 GHz

Zoom version: Version 5.11.4 (7185) (64-bit)

same as mine, have you tried to activate blur blackground in your web zoom session (not in the client app)? it worked for me.. looks its a AMD related error (bug)..I'm tryng to take a work arround for this  

Amaliainds
Listener

Halo teman-teman, saya juga mau tanya, saya memakai laptop acer swift 3, namun tidak bisa menggunakan fitur blur di zoom, itu kenapa ya? terimakasih