cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting Invitation Emails Language preferences not being saved

MM33
Listener

I'm trying to change the meeting invitation email language to French. When I asked to be sent a sample email it works, but when I generate a new meeting it reverts automatically to English.

Anyone else has this issue or have an idea how to solve it?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

I know it has been a while since you initially posted, and I apologize for just now seeing your post! I definitely want to make sure you receive assistance.

Are you still having this issue? If so, please

1. log in to https://zoom.us/profile/setting.

2. Scroll down all the way to Other > Invitation Email, and change the language. 

3. Schedule the meeting here: https://zoom.us/meeting/schedule

Test it out and let me know if that works! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

It doesn't. I have the same issue. Changing the language in the dropdown is not saved. You can reload the setting page after the change and the language is back to what it was before (in my case German). That's on the newest Firefox. I'll try Chrome browser and report back.

Wow, ok, so... my Chrome Browser is set to English, my Firefox browser is set to German.
On Chrome, the language for sending invites is set to English.
On Firefox, it's set to German.
So, basically, instead of giving me a choice, the default browser language is being used.
That's weird, this should be something I decide, no matter what language my browser is set to!

Hm, there is more to it. I cannot find a way to switch any of my zoom settings to English on Firefox, even when I try to set the language setting on Firefox to English, Zoom still displays the setting on Firefox in German, and on Chrome in English. I have no idea what's responsible.

However, that is not the issue, or it's a different issue. The actual issue here is that no matter what I do, the language for Email invites is set to German. I switch it to English in the dropdown, I can send myself a preview in English, I create a new meeting - boom, it's German. Check setting on Firefox - it's set to German (again). Check on Chrome - it's set to English. But the invite is in German.

Any help?

It doesn't work for me. I work on an apple and I use Safari as browser.

BPompe
Listener

Hello, I'm Barbara Pompe from the Netherlands, and I had the same question,

'How can I send an invitation in another language?' I followed your instructions and I got the test invitation in English! When I wrote a zoom invitation from my account it was still in dutch instead of English.

Would you happen to have another solution?

With regards,

Barbara 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @BPompe , can you try this? If sending the invite via the Zoom web portal please scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and select the language for the invites in the footer as well. Let me know if that does the trick! Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 10.59.56 AM.png

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello Carla,

I tried what you suggested but it still doesn't work.

When I send myself a test invitation, it is in English and when I start making the actual invitation it is in dutch again...all though I restarted my computer.

What would you suggest to try?

Best regards, Barbara Pompe

ilja_vi
Listener

The issue persists, I have the same problem. I can change the language in the drop-down, but the change does not persist, and I cannot find a way for the setting to actually change.