cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom 5.10.4 Linux client does not start

tembo
Listener

I downloaded the Linux client for 5.10.4 (2845) tarball and unpacked it. However, running ZoomLauncher does not do anything. It does not show any windows, no error messages, no logs, nothing, it just exits silently without any clue as to what the problem is.  Running `zoom` or `zopen` directly doesn't work because it can't find the right shared libraries.

In previous versions (5.9.x and earlier) running ZoomLauncher was enough to launch the zoom client.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tembo
Listener

On further investigation online, apparently the problem is caused by the chrome sandbox. Running zoom with --no-sandbox fixes the problem. However, ZoomLauncher does not appear to recognize this option, so the zoom executable must be run directly. This requires the right library paths to be set, and the current directory must be in the zoom base directory. The following shell script works:

------snip------

#!/bin/sh

cd /path/to/zoom

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:cef ./zoom --no-sandbox &

------snip------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

tembo
Listener

On further investigation online, apparently the problem is caused by the chrome sandbox. Running zoom with --no-sandbox fixes the problem. However, ZoomLauncher does not appear to recognize this option, so the zoom executable must be run directly. This requires the right library paths to be set, and the current directory must be in the zoom base directory. The following shell script works:

------snip------

#!/bin/sh

cd /path/to/zoom

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:cef ./zoom --no-sandbox &

------snip------

Hi,

I have the same problem under a Manjaro linux installation.

starting zoom with the --no-sandbox option starts the zoom window, and I can connect via SSO to my server,

but then launching a meeting does not work. Probably I did not correctly understand how to fix the library path ... (?)

Thanks for clarification, Feldi

Launching a meeting works for me. Not sure what's up with your environment that might be breaking it. Pretty sure it isn't caused by the library paths, since otherwise it wouldn't even start in the first place. Probably a different problem?