cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Two-Factor not the default?

stega
Listener

New verification system Zoom rolled out is awful. Instead of relying on two-factor which is plain and simple Zoom now sends a notification to one of my devices.

Yet it choses _at random_ which device and said device apparently does not even need to have the App installed and then sorting out which device has received the verification message is a nightmare. 

I have in my office: three laptops, one iMac, three iPads, an iPod and my phone.  Some do not have Zoom installed yet the message has randomly popped up on those devices.  Or it pops up on a machine currently sleeping and does not wake the machine.  In the end I have to go poking about trying to find which device got the message and more often than not I simply give up and have an email with a one time code sent to my registered email which is the equivalent of two-factor only via email and not SMS.

Seriously people get your code together and setup proper two-factor.

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @stega do you mind sharing what method you are using for 2FA? A phone number that can receive SMS; or an Android or iOS device with a 2FA app that supports the Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) protocol? 

Secondly, thank you for your feedback on 2FA, we appreciate your input and would love to hear more from you! I would share your thoughts here at https://zoom.us/feed. Your feedback helps us improve and better meet our user's needs, thank you! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

stega
Listener

I'm back from a month's holiday.  I don't do Windows/Android Stuff.  All my devices (six iPads in my iCloud setup with four serving as digital photo frames or heads up displays for weather stations and the like) then one iPhone, one very handy iPod, two MacBook Pros (one is a garden stream cam station manager) and one is used daily, on iMac (also used daily) plus a MacBook Air in my sound booth.  The verification message goes to a random device:  usually one that doesn't even have Zoom installed.  Perhaps role out support Authy or a similar 3rd party app.