cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Trying to Register for Meeting Guests are Getting Error Message

User19791115
Listener

We have a meeting set up for 5/24/2023, I have it set so that registration is required, but it is approved automatically. However when people are going to register for the meeting it is giving the following error message "This meeting is for authorized registrants only. Please enter another email address." I don't understand, I thought the point of the form was so they could register and would be automatically authorized. Please help! I need my team to be able to join and I really can't open it to unregistered users!

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Do you have Require authentication to join turned on,  as well as registration required?

Regards

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @User19791115, thank you for posting for the first time! 

In this case, participants trying to register to this meeting will need to register using a Zoom account. If they did not register with an email associated with a Zoom account they they will receive the message: “This meeting is for authorized registrants only please use another email address”.  If you would like to allow the registrants to register to your Zoom meeting without a Zoom account you can disable this setting by logging in to your Zoom account web portal > Meetings > Click upcoming meeting then locate the desired meeting and select Edit> under Security uncheck the "Require authentication to join: Zoom login" and click save.

For more information on authentication & security: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037117472

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

terrydgould
Listener

Yes, the below snip is the fix to this problem:

In this case, participants trying to register to this meeting will need to register using a Zoom account. If they did not register with an email associated with a Zoom account they they will receive the message: “This meeting is for authorized registrants only please use another email address”.  If you would like to allow the registrants to register to your Zoom meeting without a Zoom account you can disable this setting by logging in to your Zoom account web portal > Meetings > Click upcoming meeting then locate the desired meeting and select Edit> under Security uncheck the "Require authentication to join: Zoom login" and click save.

Thank you!