cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual background not working

Abdullah-Yusoof
Listener

so i meet all the minimum requirements to run a virtual background on zoom without a green screen but when i turn off the green screen it doesn't let me pick a virtual background i can add them but cant choose them to be set any suggestions? it works fine on teams and google meets.

9 REPLIES 9

SachinduChamika
Participant

@Abdullah-Yusoof 

Zoom Needs a green screen to add virtual backgrounds

I you satisfy with this answers accept this as a solution

Sachindu Chamika

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Actually Zoom can support Virtual Backgrounds with AND without green screen - but there are different system requirements for either option. You may meet one and not the other.

See requirements at the link below for these options:

Virtual Background requirements for Zoom desktop client
- Image only without a physical green screen
- Image only with a physical green screen
- Video without a physical green screen
- Video with a physical green screen

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511-System-requirements-for-Virtual-Background

If your account is part of an organization, your account administrator can also define what options are available to you.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

I have had no problems until recently. My face has now become the green screen? I do have a greeen screen, it just is not working. Should i totally reboot? Remove ZOOM and put it back in?

Having the same problem.  Spontaneously not being able to us

I have a personal Pc and it meets all the requirements and I can’t use virtual background. If I check green screen it works but of course only on part of the screen.

Gloriaspc
Listener

Same issue here… added a background but either only one person can use it (host) and no others or option is greyed out.

Audrius
Listener

Had this problem for a while. The problem is with Zoom app, the solution is very simple at it works!

I have an iMac (late 2013) and MacBook pro (late 2015) both running iOS 10.15.7.

Virtual background works on an iMac, but not on MacBook pro.

After long research I found no better solution than this. Instead of opening a Zoom app (when the pop up appears), I simply choose "Join from your browser" and it works! See a screenshot below. 

Join from your browser - is at the very bottom for some reason 🙂

Hope it will aid you guys too.

Audrius_0-1669024314816.png

I was hoping this would work, but when I launched from browser, it stopped my video from working completely. Then another time I did it it did not even give me the option for virtual background. The little drop-down menu wasn’t even there.

Bleugirl2
Listener

will try this next time. thanks!